Author Topic: ChromaTech WR anyone  (Read 4988 times)

Offline Larry Tywater

Re: ChromaTech WR anyone
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2015, 10:26:00 AM »
Chromaline does not publish exposure times for individual emulsions on our data sheets because is there are too many variables to have it make a real impact. Yes we could tell you what it does in our lab and the exact amount of light units that it takes on our equipment at a specific EOM on a specific screen mesh. To the general screen printer that number would make no difference at all and they would still be left guessing. The best advice that I could ever give when trying a new emulsion is, if you already have an established exposure time for the specific family of emulsions (Photopolymer, Dual Cure, Diazo) then do a step wedge test around the time of the comparable emulsion. You should already be in the ballpark and all you need to do is fine tune it. By doing this one test you will be closer to the actual proper exposure than you ever would be by going off of a time on a data sheet that was done in a lab under perfect conditions. My last bit of advice is, There is no substitute for an initial proper exposure!
Larry Tywater
Chromaline Screen Print Products
Technical Sales Rep
Southeast/Southcentral/ Texas
www.chromaline.com 800-328-4261

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2015, 10:44:24 AM »
Chromaline does not publish exposure times for individual emulsions on our data sheets because is there are too many variables to have it make a real impact. Yes we could tell you what it does in our lab and the exact amount of light units that it takes on our equipment at a specific EOM on a specific screen mesh. To the general screen printer that number would make no difference at all and they would still be left guessing. The best advice that I could ever give when trying a new emulsion is, if you already have an established exposure time for the specific family of emulsions (Photopolymer, Dual Cure, Diazo) then do a step wedge test around the time of the comparable emulsion. You should already be in the ballpark and all you need to do is fine tune it. By doing this one test you will be closer to the actual proper exposure than you ever would be by going off of a time on a data sheet that was done in a lab under perfect conditions. My last bit of advice is, There is no substitute for an initial proper exposure!

Actually, many of the Chromaline emulsion user guides do list suggested times, and though my close relationship with Step Wedge Man over the years certainly has me heartily agreeing with each user testing for themselves, I have found the manufacturer-suggested times useful for rough comparisons, and to establish starting numbers for tests.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2015, 04:17:08 AM »

Actually, many of the Chromaline emulsion user guides do list suggested times, and though my close relationship with Step Wedge Man over the years certainly has me heartily agreeing with each user testing for themselves, I have found the manufacturer-suggested times useful for rough comparisons, and to establish starting numbers for tests.
I couldn`t have said it better myself. As a matter of fact this is the only Chromaline data sheet that got no times listed at all. But please correct me if I`m wrong.