Author Topic: CTS and Setups  (Read 7975 times)

Offline 1964GN

Re: CTS and Setups
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2015, 07:28:47 AM »
For us the answer is both.

We have an SRoque with the pin reg system. While the PRU laser system is very accurate there still remains a level of human error when taping the films on. We are also finding the films to be slight off. That is, some are coming out slightly longer/shorter that others (an issue we are still troubleshooting).

We think the addition of a CTS with a matching pin system would all but eliminate the film placement errors, and the film differences itself, giving us a near zero micro registration system. We would prefer the M&R CTS but were told that would not implement S-Roque's pin system into there units.

With all of that said, our set up times are MUCH MUCH faster that they ever were with the carrier sheet/tri-lock set up.

Offline BorisB

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2015, 07:39:48 AM »

We would prefer the M&R CTS but were told that would not implement S-Roque's pin system into there units.

I beleive Danny Gruninger is using M&R CTS with SRoque presses

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2015, 07:42:20 AM »
Yes, but he doesn't have the pin system. I think it's U clamps and S-Rogues Pallet reg system (like the tri-lock). We do think we would have similar results in the end though.

Offline BorisB

« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2015, 07:54:09 AM »
i know you can adapt it to MHM pin system

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2015, 08:19:00 AM »
You can adapt a CTS to a pin system rather easily. Just takes time to make/modify a jig on the CTS for it.

I understand why M&R no longer makes a CTS for machines that use anything but tri-lock, but I got to imagine if they did it would only increase CTS sales. It would increase troubleshooting & tech calls, but again I imagine unit sales would out weigh that.
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline abchung

• !!!
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2015, 11:27:01 AM »

We are also finding the films to be slight off. That is, some are coming out slightly longer/shorter that others (an issue we are still troubleshooting).

Have you tried print border.
I think it was Rocker that suggested to do it.
It helped for me.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2015, 01:43:57 PM »
You can adapt a CTS to a pin system rather easily. Just takes time to make/modify a jig on the CTS for it.

I understand why M&R no longer makes a CTS for machines that use anything but tri-lock, but I got to imagine if they did it would only increase CTS sales. It would increase troubleshooting & tech calls, but again I imagine unit sales would out weigh that.
Our I-Image can work with all the machines I believe. We never changed our process.
Rich Hoffman

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2015, 03:18:17 PM »

Our I-Image can work with all the machines I believe. We never changed our process.

I agree it can work with all machines. At least from what we were told is that you guys no longer make an adapter system for the I-image to work with other reg systems aside from the Tri-Lock.
I wasn't trying to be negative, hope it didn't come across that way. 
Alex

www.twincitytees.com

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2015, 05:36:39 PM »

I agree it can work with all machines. At least from what we were told is that you guys no longer make an adapter system for the I-image to work with other reg systems aside from the Tri-Lock.
I wasn't trying to be negative, hope it didn't come across that way.
Not at all. What we state is we cannot be responsible for making someone else s reg system work. Example we can put the screen holders buttons on our screen holder if you supply them but wont guarantee the reg system works on your press. It should but we do not get involved with another manufacturers press or system.
Rich Hoffman

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2015, 10:44:08 PM »

We have an SRoque with the pin reg system. While the PRU laser system is very accurate there still remains a level of human error when taping the films on. We are also finding the films to be slight off. That is, some are coming out slightly longer/shorter that others (an issue we are still troubleshooting).

We think the addition of a CTS with a matching pin system would all but eliminate the film placement errors, and the film differences itself, giving us a near zero micro registration system. We would prefer the M&R CTS but were told that would not implement S-Roque's pin system into there units.

With all of that said, our set up times are MUCH MUCH faster that they ever were with the carrier sheet/tri-lock set up.

I have come across this issue years ago on our thermal printer (Calcomp) similar to an Oyo and we found the reason of the stretching on some and shorter on others to be caused from the output device (type) and what time something in printed.

Example, If you have an 8 color job and you start it first thing in the AM, the printer is cold. As you reach the 8th color, the film has warmed up through the process (machine is hotter) and your colors can start to stretch (film is more pliable when warmed up) and has no stretch memory.  The fix was to warm the printer up for a while before using so that the first few also came out while it was warmed up. Ours was a large format printer. 40" wide so it was exaggerated a little more than most films printers. The wider the printer, the less accurate it is.  As a test, you can create a perfect square outline at max imprint width, print it out and measure. It will be larger in height than the width. Print a circle and it will come out slightly longer or egg shaped for the lack of a better word.

[/size]Still once we realized this, we would always still have some trouble areas where reggies/seps were off [size=78%]when ganging up seps to make good use of all the film.  Seps with reggies on the left and right (outer sides) would be off. Everything printed in the center Perfect.  This is yet another area where CTS benefits versus film output.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2015, 06:18:14 AM »
Not at all. What we state is we cannot be responsible for making someone else s reg system work. Example we can put the screen holders buttons on our screen holder if you supply them but wont guarantee the reg system works on your press. It should but we do not get involved with another manufacturers press or system.

That's not we were told at the Orlando show last fall

We are also finding the films to be slight off. That is, some are coming out slightly longer/shorter that others (an issue we are still troubleshooting).

It helped for me.

I don't want to derail this thread but we have tried that, and about 20 other things :)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 06:20:19 AM by 1964GN »

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2015, 06:31:32 AM »

That's not we were told at the Orlando show last fall

Its possible a salesman misunderstood our stance on the reg system. We already have many systems in the field making screens for other manufacturers machines. It may also be possible they were talking about a specific model as screens with attachments must use our larger version to accommodate attachments.

It helped for me.

I don't want to derail this thread but we have tried that, and about 20 other things :)
Rich Hoffman

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2015, 06:38:02 AM »
It was Tim that told us. He also told us that know matter what press brand we purchased that a tech would come out and get our DB dialed in for us no charge, given our "numerous" issues in the past. We have heard nothing but crickets since.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2015, 08:16:27 AM »

Rich, it was actually you that told us you wouldn't do it for other brand machines. The now defunct group of us that was the KPI20 that you guys hosted for the weekend.

It's great if that has changed, but it may be something you guys make more clear. I've talked to probably half a dozen people looking at CTS in the last year, that didn't want to make their own jig...
Alex

www.twincitytees.com

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2015, 09:15:56 AM »

Rich, it was actually you that told us you wouldn't do it for other brand machines. The now defunct group of us that was the KPI20 that you guys hosted for the weekend.

It's great if that has changed, but it may be something you guys make more clear. I've talked to probably half a dozen people looking at CTS in the last year, that didn't want to make their own jig...
  We will NOT make a jig for other manufacturers machines to work like a Tri-Loc pallet. We will put the attachments on our I-Image ST machine to hold a screen like MHM if the customer supplies the cups and a screen to use for placement. We will not guarantee the placement system will make registration screen to screen on a competitors machine.
Rich Hoffman