Author Topic: Large Hanging folders for films  (Read 1729 times)

Offline farmboygraphics

Large Hanging folders for films
« on: July 27, 2015, 08:28:08 AM »
We use x-ray jackets to store our films and I was wondering if anyone has a source for hanging folders big enough for the x-ray jackets? I've searched and searched and all I come across are standard sizes for letter and legal. Thanks.
Tees and Coffee

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
Re: Large Hanging folders for films
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 09:13:54 AM »
I think a bunch of us use the same 15x20 envelopes from uline. I use a wire hanger under the flap and hang on a curtain rod. Got most of the idea from Alan, but have definitely seen others post about it. I searched for traditional large format hanging folders and couldn't even find 11x17 let alone 13x19 or larger. Not to mention, they don't make filing cabinets or insert systems large enough.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 09:21:09 AM »
We use a Jaleco system... it was a bit pricey, but that was years ago, so worth it after the sting is gone.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline SteveS

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 09:57:20 AM »
I think it's actually called the Jalema system Steve. We use the same thing here.

http://shop.blueprintfiling.com/Jalema-Racks-Carts_c3.htm

Offline Atownsend

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 10:33:57 AM »
I think a bunch of us use the same 15x20 envelopes from uline. I use a wire hanger under the flap and hang on a curtain rod. Got most of the idea from Alan, but have definitely seen others post about it. I searched for traditional large format hanging folders and couldn't even find 11x17 let alone 13x19 or larger. Not to mention, they don't make filing cabinets or insert systems large enough.

Great idea... I've used several creative ways to store films, none have worked out thus far as they all end up in a big stack next to the exposure unit. Sounds like this one would work well. Going to give this a try.

Offline Itsa Little CrOoked

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 11:07:17 AM »

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Taking back all the bad things I've said about you over the years!!!

I just fought the mass of folders for the umteenth time 2 minutes ago.

Definitely gonna try this.

Thanks!

Stan

<EDIT>  I don't know how I missed this. I need to weed out a TON of old films and pare them down to the 100 or 200 we keep printing. But a little searching found the thread to which Mimosa surely refers.
http://www.theshirtboard.com/index.php/topic,893.msg26547.html#msg26547 

Farmboy, would your X-ray folders work as the above pics from Alan, with binder clips on hangers?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 11:20:52 AM by Itsa Little CrOoked »

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2015, 11:36:44 AM »
I think it's actually called the Jalema system Steve. We use the same thing here.

http://shop.blueprintfiling.com/Jalema-Racks-Carts_c3.htm

That's correct, my bad...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2015, 11:49:35 AM »
You guys are so neat I just toss ours in a box and let the headache hit me later when looking for films :(
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline SteveS

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2015, 11:49:57 AM »
Rule number one. If the film is for some dated event, never file it with the system. Keep them separate and toss them after about 30 days. We used to have so much film filed that we would never use again because of old years or specific dates. We easily flushed about 30-40% of the volume.

And yes, before anyone brings it up. Film is the new dinosaur. CTS is the way to go. Someone got $60K they can afford to give away?