Computers and Software > Separation Programs

Separation Studio: Worth the $$?

(1/2) > >>

kingscreen:
Pros?  Cons?

mimosatexas:
I like it, but honestly rarely use it.  It definitely has some cons.  I think brandt uses it in his shop and can probably tell you more about it than I can.

tonyt79:
I have been asking myself and others the same thing. Currently I use simple seps, and it seems to work pretty good for the most part but shows better on press than on screen. I cant rely on that so constantly changinging stuff around. scary to me and looking for a change. Sorry no help (and a side rant). But interested to hear results

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Atownsend:
i tried separation studio & didn't like it. I didn't think it was user friendly & I had a hard time tweaking the seps how I wanted. I bought ultra seps last year and use it every day. It plugs into PS and you use the actions panel. It's pretty straight forward and you have a ton of options for tweaking the separations. It gets me 90% there on almost every separation. Apply some curves, merge / subtract channels add reg marks & boom you're done. Haven't had to outsource a separation in a while. And the ultra seps user guide is gold!

GraphicDisorder:
We like it but we tweak everything in and out of it, not something we can just click a button and go to output.  We are also using another sep program at times (can't remember the name right this second).  Worth the money? I mean depends how you look at it. If you had to have everything sepped coming out of your shop you could pay for Sep studio pretty quickly on that math.  But if your doing it another way, then it may not feel as valuable. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version