Author Topic: TeeSpring  (Read 10124 times)

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: TeeSpring
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2017, 07:39:59 PM »
So, someone who knows all about this venture (and similar ventures) do the "brains" behind it still come out well no matter what happens?

the investors will lose a lot of money (they are sort of expecting that though) and the brains get paid a smaller salary for what they are doing running the company. The big cash only happens if there is successful exit. Management might be worth $150K-$200k/year and they potentially worked for half that and stock options. Many smaller VC companies might have management making $50K just to make things happen and conserve cash.
So how well they come out depends on your definition of "well". They got paid something to gamble and potentially make a boatload. But they are making less then if they were working at a regular company.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!