Author Topic: film problems  (Read 3332 times)

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
Re: film problems
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2011, 05:22:30 PM »
Talked to R&D and the problem is I am using FastRip 9.0 which came with my Epson 3000 and he said there is no setting to adjust the ink deposit and it is putting down too much on the NWP film. Sooooooo anyone need a 13 X 100 roll of NWP film at a discount?

Offline stuff4print

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2011, 05:34:05 PM »
Talked to R&D and the problem is I am using FastRip 9.0 which came with my Epson 3000 and he said there is no setting to adjust the ink deposit and it is putting down too much on the NWP film. Sooooooo anyone need a 13 X 100 roll of NWP film at a discount?

Yes Sportsshoppe we do ... all of our products are sold Satisfaction Guaranteed, even though there is nothing wrong with the film, we will replace it with waterproof film for you. Please call us toll free 888 857 8833 and discuss the replacement roll with Anna (she is very helpfull)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2011, 05:35:24 PM »
Wow, I thought that one of the selling points of FastRip was that one could adjust the ink volume.

In that same vein, if it is set a certain level (too high) is this indicative of the chemistry of NWP film drastically changing in the last few years? Perhaps the coating is not as absorbent as it used to be.

I remember when FastRip and a 3000 was the hot set-up.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2011, 06:37:44 PM »
Wow.. ppl still use Fastrip..  ???

GET ACCURIP!!

It allows ink control and has drivers for just about any worthwile Epson printer.. including the 3000  8)

I use the Stuff 4 Print Windsor film in my r1800 with dye inks and it creates incredible films.

I'm working on a 55 line job right now, 3 color all with tones from 5 to 70's and the dots are perfect.
1440x1440 res with 3 drops.
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2011, 09:09:41 PM »
Probably an insultingly dumb suggestion but are you printing on the correct side?
Not insulting, but yes it was on the correct side.... Hoping the R&D will call today.

I can't say enough nice things about Ross at inkjetcarts.us  The guys is a customer support BEAST!

EVERYTIME I email him, night, day, weekend, apocalypse... it doesn't matter... he responds in no time!

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2011, 08:40:18 AM »
Wow.. ppl still use Fastrip..  ???

GET ACCURIP!!

It allows ink control and has drivers for just about any worthwile Epson printer.. including the 3000  8)

I use the Stuff 4 Print Windsor film in my r1800 with dye inks and it creates incredible films.

I'm working on a 55 line job right now, 3 color all with tones from 5 to 70's and the dots are perfect.
1440x1440 res with 3 drops.
Well it is like this.... I have not had a problem with fastrip and it came with the printer in a package deal soooooo why fix something when it is not broken? I see no need in spending extra money on something that has been working for years. But if it does break and I have to get another Rip program then your right I am going Accurip. And Stuff4Print it is not your fault. I decided to go with the NWP film and do not hold you responsible at all, but if you will work with me that would be Great! but again I made the decision.

Offline stuff4print

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2011, 09:39:34 AM »
We will definitely work with you!!!  I will call you today.