Author Topic: Seps advice  (Read 2807 times)

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
Seps advice
« on: June 04, 2015, 01:17:30 PM »
I really dislike running designs like this as 4CP.  Anyone have any other ideas?
Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Seps advice
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 01:23:36 PM »
I have some but you need to assure me that you have a 22 station press or can table print the length of a football field first

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 01:26:08 PM »
I have some but you need to assure me that you have a 22 station press or can table print the length of a football field first

Confirmed.   ;D
Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 02:27:02 PM »
If you're real good, you might pull it off with green, yellow, purple, red, orange and black... but it won't be dead on, but neither will CMYK. But if it looks good, that's all that matters.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 02:34:22 PM »
I would go 4c and spot color those that 4c want get close too.....some one use all the crayons ;)

darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 03:06:59 PM »
My outside separator would go CYMK, being sure to adjust the levels selectively. The create a wet white plate to create the pastel or lighter shades. Then after checking his "Out of Gamut" Pantone reference, he could create some spot or boost plates> could be done with six screens; eight would be damn near perfect.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 04:05:31 PM »
this is where pre-testing assorted ink colors and overlay combinations would come in handy...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2015, 04:45:13 PM »
My outside separator would go CYMK, being sure to adjust the levels selectively. The create a wet white plate to create the pastel or lighter shades. Then after checking his "Out of Gamut" Pantone reference, he could create some spot or boost plates> could be done with six screens; eight would be damn near perfect.

Any chance your outside separator is for hire?
Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2015, 10:18:10 PM »
overprints perhaps? Could with work if you toned the ub just right.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2015, 11:23:12 PM »

If it's who i'm thinking of, he is so nice
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2015, 05:10:26 AM »

Yes, on a job to job basis. I assume this is on a white substrate. If not the game changes but still possible

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2015, 09:50:54 AM »
Tony, thanks for hooking me up with Joe. We've been going back and forth over the last few days getting to know each other. I have a job I'm trying to get together for him to do. Nothing too high end, but something I think we'd have to try a few times to get right. Thanks again.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA