Author Topic: The Shirt Board.Com Is International  (Read 2111 times)

Offline pwalsh

• !!!
The Shirt Board.Com Is International
« on: May 21, 2015, 08:14:20 PM »
I had the very distinct pleasure to meet up with our good friend Maxie from Israel this week during the Fespa Cologne exhibition.

Maxie:  I enjoyed meeting you this week and having the opportunity to learn about your operation, and about the greater garment decorating segment in Israel

« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 03:17:33 AM by pwalsh »
Peter G. Walsh - Executive Vice President
The M&R Companies - Roselle, IL USA
Email:  peter.walsh@mrprint.com
Office 847-410-3445 / Cell 913-579-6662

Offline Itsa Little CrOoked

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: The Shirt Board.Com Is International
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 09:31:52 AM »
Very Cool!

Thanks for posting the pic, Peter...

Stan

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 10:02:30 AM »
I had the very distinct pleasure to meet up with our goof friend Maxie from Israel this week during the Fespa Cologne exhibition.

Maxie:  I enjoyed meeting you this week and having the opportunity to learn about your operation, and about the greater garment decorating segment in Israel

Some won't believe it, but though concerned with spelling and pucuation in general, I actually show restraint in pointing out errors, as it makes me seem overbearing to many.
However, years ago, I publicly declared, that some missed keys, or other errors result in great humor, and can not pass up those opportunities. That said, I have to point out, that if any one here is a "goof" friend, it would be yours truly.  ;D

That said, all our best to Maxie, Peter, and all of our other friends lucky enough to visit Fespa.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 11:08:28 AM »
Maybe "goof" is an Australian slang for something like"really cool"?
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 11:30:25 AM »
I'm going to market some Andy the correction dolls should be a big hit for young kids starting out reading and writing  ;)
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline GaryG

• !!!
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2015, 11:32:50 AM »

Or he just started an International incident. Ha!
But we know Peter better than that.  :)

Yes FESPA would be fantastic.

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2015, 12:01:06 PM »

I got your Australian slang right here!
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2015, 05:26:29 PM »
Peter thanks for the post.   It was nice meeting you as well.
We'll take the good part of the typo, the dictionary has nothing nice to say about goof, not Australian, American or any other English slang.
I was at Long Beach in January and wouldn't have gone to FESPA but I needed some spare parts from MHM and it was cheaper for me the fly over and fetch them than have them shipped, and I got to go to FESPA as well.
For screen printers Long Beach was much more interesting.     FESPA covers five halls and only one is silk screen, all the rest are digital, display materials, etc.
Rich Hoffman was there, M&R had a big display.    Nice to meet someone who has succeeded through creativity and hard work, he's also a really nice guy.     I looked at the I Image and Starlight. But I'm not ready for these yet.
I am going to be buying a new carousel so I looked at the MHM X treme and the S Roq.     I already have a MHM and think it's a great machine.      I've heard good things about the S Roq but it will take a big price difference to even get me to consider it.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2015, 08:35:12 PM »
Peter thanks for the post.   It was nice meeting you as well.
We'll take the good part of the typo, the dictionary has nothing nice to say about goof, not Australian, American or any other English slang.
I was at Long Beach in January and wouldn't have gone to FESPA but I needed some spare parts from MHM and it was cheaper for me the fly over and fetch them than have them shipped, and I got to go to FESPA as well.
For screen printers Long Beach was much more interesting.     FESPA covers five halls and only one is silk screen, all the rest are digital, display materials, etc.
Rich Hoffman was there, M&R had a big display.    Nice to meet someone who has succeeded through creativity and hard work, he's also a really nice guy.     I looked at the I Image and Starlight. But I'm not ready for these yet.
I am going to be buying a new carousel so I looked at the MHM X treme and the S Roq.     I already have a MHM and think it's a great machine.      I've heard good things about the S Roq but it will take a big price difference to even get me to consider it.

Maxie, just a thought here. . . used E-types are going prety cheap now and since you already have one/know it well, I would imagine buying a sued one in us and shipping it over there would be a pretty good move.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline pwalsh

• !!!
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2015, 03:20:18 AM »

Some won't believe it, but though concerned with spelling and pucuation in general, I actually show restraint in pointing out errors, as it makes me seem overbearing to many.
However, years ago, I publicly declared, that some missed keys, or other errors result in great humor, and can not pass up those opportunities. That said, I have to point out, that if any one here is a "goof" friend, it would be yours truly.  ;D

[/quote]

Thanks Frog, I've corrected the error of my ways :)

Offline pwalsh

• !!!
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2015, 03:23:19 AM »

Maxie, just a thought here. . . used E-types are going prety cheap now and since you already have one/know it well, I would imagine buying a sued one in us and shipping it over there would be a pretty good move.

pierre
[/quote]

Watch out Pierre!  The Frog will be coming after you next for your reference to a "sued' MHM E-type :)

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2015, 07:26:44 AM »
A sued unit could be one that was sold after someone was sued for not paying the leasing company.
Pierre, second hand might be worth checking but they are not making E Types anymore and there might be a spare parts problem down the road.
I already have to change my frequency converter every time I change a head board because the new boards are not compatible with original frequency converter supplied with the E a type and they don't have any of the old boards.
I am also looking at a 14 or 16 station machine.
There were a lot of ovals at FESPA.     Nice but expensive.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il