Author Topic: Home improvement - bathroom edition  (Read 1456 times)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Home improvement - bathroom edition
« on: October 27, 2011, 12:18:47 PM »
I was going to post this as a response to JayzTeez's, flooring post, but rethought it and didn't want to intrude and possible jack the thread.

so my wife bought me home  8 boxes of laminate flooring to do the kitchen let me tell you im not having an easy time like all these videos on youtube. all the tongues are all getting smashed in i think i started the wrong side to the wall i think.  i would rather print anyday then do this crap.

Don't get me started on home improvement projects. We are doing our bathroom, tiled floor, and tiled shower. To maximize space in tight quarters, the shower is a trapezoid (trapezium for our UK friends) It is completed except for the glass door.

We were just informed yesterday (more than a week after the glass guy came to measure and price) that they don't do odd angled mounts any more, or perhaps their people next step up, don't.

Got a guy from another company in there right now measuring, but I wouldn't bet that he knows all of his company's current policies either.

Oh, and a question on glass shower doors:
anybody know anything about the anti-spotting coating that is offered as an option? $100 is not chicken feed if it is snake oil, but if it truly "self cleans" for five years could be great.

And man, do those new toilets flush fast!
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline JayzTeez

• !!!
  • Manual Screen Printer
Re: Home improvement - bathroom edition
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 12:32:05 PM »
no hijacking here frog.  bathroom is on deck for the next project after the kitchen floor.
Jayz Teez Screen Printing
Houtzdale, PA.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 01:51:06 PM »
HAHA.  We have to add space...so we are finishing the basement.  We are adding about 800 square feet of living space...1 bedroom, 1 full bath, laundry room, storage closets and a small tv room.

I originally planned for a pool table and bar....ha, that changed fast when I got married.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 02:21:23 PM »
Growing up with a contractor for a father, the house was never finished. Still isn't as far as I know.
Sort of like the way I (and many screenprinters) wear blank shirts. Or maybe it's because we get our
favorites covered in ink.

Offline RichN

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 06:33:25 PM »
I use RainX on the shower doors and it works quite well for keeping water spots from forming. I also keep a small squeegee handy to completely dry the glass.
Rich Nesladek
M&R Sales & Service, Inc. Director of Sales / Western Division 831-420-1390 rich.nesladek@mrprint.com

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 06:45:15 PM »
how often does it have to be re-treated? Does the constant dousing shorten its life compared to its application on windshields?
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 09:50:59 PM »
I do rain x also once every 5-6 weeks works good or just spray it with kaboom twice a week
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline RichN

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2011, 06:42:42 PM »
I reapply about every 6 months. Main thing is to make sure all soap is washed off after every use.
Rich Nesladek
M&R Sales & Service, Inc. Director of Sales / Western Division 831-420-1390 rich.nesladek@mrprint.com

Offline bj

• !!!
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2011, 09:41:08 PM »
We started up again with finishing our basement.  We were on hold until I could find someone to custom build a gate and door above our spiral staircase but now that it is done the past week we are full on remodeling and waiting for our permit from the city to switch over to natural gas.  I finally feel we are over the hump and getting somewhere finally.   ;D