Author Topic: Epson WF7110?  (Read 2193 times)

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
Epson WF7110?
« on: May 11, 2015, 06:55:28 PM »
Anyone have any experience with these?  I was poking around on the Cobra Ink site and came across this: https://www.cobraink.com/Printers/epson7110.htm

I've been thinking about getting a second printer to start doing inkjet transfers and as a backup for my aging 1400.  With the pre-installed CIS I am pretty interested, but I've never even come across this model while looking into 13x19 compatible printers.  Anyone using one?

Additionally, I have heard of issues with the CIS systems and some people seem to suggest using refillable carts instead with the same bulk ink.  Any thoughts on those options?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 07:10:00 PM by mimosatexas »

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Epson WF7110?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 07:31:32 PM »
We've got a 7510 (same thing but with a scanner?) for job sheets and other random stuff.
Installed a CIS a few years ago and have no complaints, just have to make sure you install it correctly.

Bulk/refills would be obnoxious if you're using the thing a lot, the carts are super tiny and run out
quick.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 07:36:28 PM »
I'm assuming purchasing one with a pre-installed CIS it would be installed correctly.  Have you had any issues related to the CIS (air in the lines, issues with priming etc.)

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 07:54:35 PM »
Not at all.

Offline Itsa Little CrOoked

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 09:11:45 PM »
Yes, I have that exact printer from Richard at Cobra's recommendation.

I dislike it.

It prints fine, and it is our only Dye Sub printer at the moment, but it is a giant leap backward in terms of ease of aftermarket refills.

Workforce 1100 was like a Filet compared to Ground Beef as an analogy...FOR REFILLED CARTS. I can't say about CIS.

It is all the time spitting out a half printed sheet complaining that the Carts are Non Epson, or some such thing. I have to bypass that screen, (UNfriendly navigation through the screens) to say "yes" to proceed with non Epson carts. Hate that....

Epson is NOT in the printer business. Believe that???

Epson is in the INK business, and the sooner we all figure that out, the better.

I wish they'd figure out we want their printers, and they can charge US more for their printers if they would just give up on their ill-conceived notion that we are going to buy their goofy little carts of liquid gold. They all do it too....

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2015, 09:23:23 PM »
Since the first ink jet printers showed up, this has been the case.
Heck a year or two back, they gave me a free Canon printer when I bought as monitor or something at Fry's and I returned it!
Free or not, I didn't see any point in getting into another brand's ink shell game.

Brings to mind the first car tape players from Muntz (four track, rather than the 8 tracks that got the new car contracts)
They not only fixed them for free whenever they could, but even would fix other brands because simply, they couldn't sell more tape carts to folks with busted decks!

btw, to an audio head, the idea of the signal having twice the width of the tape than the 8 tracks, was a winner, but just like the proven better Beta video players, they lost.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Itsa Little CrOoked

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2015, 10:57:45 PM »
Beta.

Yup, that is EXACTLY correct. We still have one of those somewhere. Worked perfectly, everytime too!

Still flashed 12:00 from day one though. Instructions in Janglish, you know.

Ha! Andy, I bid on an 1100 over the weekend and lost by one dollar. ($66) It was flashing (waste pad error) and the owner wasn't as motivated as I was, I guess. Mine is...umm..."excreting" black ink into the yellow after a long park. It clears up as the gals up front use it, but they curse me.

(Skin=thick. Cursing=Yawn)

I should have gone 75, but oh well. I've seen a healthy one fetch 450.

Offline larryk

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2015, 11:10:59 AM »
Brings to mind the first car tape players from Muntz (four track, rather than the 8 tracks that got the new car contracts)
They not only fixed them for free whenever they could, but even would fix other brands because simply, they couldn't sell more tape carts to folks with busted decks!

You are the only one in years that remembers the 4 track..... I still remember cruising in my 59 Impala 2dr HT listening to the Doors and livin' life large.......... Some days I just wish I could go back.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2015, 12:24:41 PM »

You are the only one in years that remembers the 4 track..... I still remember cruising in my 59 Impala 2dr HT listening to the Doors and livin' life large.......... Some days I just wish I could go back.

They had a shop in Hollywood where I lived which was one of the reasons I saw so many I assume. Muntz being introduced in 1962 gave 'em a leg up on Bill Lear's version a few years later.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?