Author Topic: THEY'RE HERE...S Thread Statics  (Read 25412 times)

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: THEY'RE HERE...S Thread Statics
« Reply #135 on: May 11, 2015, 04:02:59 PM »
we have only a handful left with permanent blockout on them... our screen washer girl HATES them...  causes sprayback when pressure washing the corners...  also, the scoop coater tends to get stuck on the blockout after a few dozen reclaim cycles.

We're now mostly Newman (thanks Greg K), but any statics we get from here on out will not have permanent blockout (and i'll probably be calling Kev at River City about them)...

I would have loved permanent blockout and not taping to work out, but the extra mess and hassle is just not worth it to us here.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #136 on: May 11, 2015, 04:18:55 PM »
we have only a handful left with permanent blockout on them... our screen washer girl HATES them...  causes sprayback when pressure washing the corners...  also, the scoop coater tends to get stuck on the blockout after a few dozen reclaim cycles.

We're now mostly Newman (thanks Greg K), but any statics we get from here on out will not have permanent blockout (and i'll probably be calling Kev at River City about them)...

I would have loved permanent blockout and not taping to work out, but the extra mess and hassle is just not worth it to us here.

I tried the permanent blockout years ago, had to be about 5 years ago, and it was a HASSLE.  The concept is without a doubt great, but conceptual and actual were not one in the same.  I remember the spray back, and because I'm a weirdo I tried to get the blockout perfectly even and straight and it took me hours to do 2 screens.  I gave up and said screw it, buy some more tape. 
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #137 on: May 11, 2015, 06:24:43 PM »

same here, we hate permanant blockout for those reasons.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Online ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #138 on: May 11, 2015, 06:30:18 PM »
If someone could figure out a viable solution to the tape problem they'd be an instant half-millionaire.

Offline farmboygraphics

« Reply #139 on: May 11, 2015, 06:54:47 PM »
LOVE our S-Mesh statics from River City!
Tees and Coffee

Offline GaryG

• !!!
« Reply #140 on: May 11, 2015, 07:01:20 PM »
I can see the splash back.

The panels for Newmans are a good for another reason too-

With mesh locked in the strips, you can be assured the mesh will be "even tension" all the way around the frame
being so tender. When loading s bolt mesh using clips and such, it can be relatively even, but invariably there will
be some low and high spots, leading to premature failure.

Maybe they are not all the same, but the corner softening in ones we have so far seems to be massive,
making for shorter image area. Maybe they will tighten up once worked and rolled.

Like the less pressure though!

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #141 on: May 11, 2015, 09:25:03 PM »
Gary you can have Shur-loc use less corner softening in your panels, they're pretty cool about that.   

We don't use panels but did try a round of them in the past due to only one shop member being able to stretch bolt mesh at the time and a need for about 30 screens fast.