Author Topic: weird customer reclamation  (Read 1543 times)

Offline willy35

• www.broceliande-serigraphie.com
weird customer reclamation
« on: April 20, 2015, 02:30:43 AM »
Hi,

I am sure all of you guys got weird customer reclamation that left you speechless.

I made this 5 x 100 t-shirts printing series on dark, use Sticky white and mixo color on top.

For us, all print were really good, (multicolor job from 3 to 6 colors) perfect registration, colors matching and so on.

Then I got a mail from customer stating he refuse the garments.
He said I didn't repect retail/fashion garment standard printing that the print I made hurts the reputation of his brand (unknown brand today as it has just been created)
So I told him if he could give me such a standard link so I can read, because before the print he never spoke of any standard or any print/ink recommandation.

He said the print have some hand and have a plastic feel.
I just said I use ink from an 80 years old company (Union Ink) that is sold worldwide.

I reply with sending photos of past printed job using the same techniques of well known music brand in my country, he replies it is promotional printed as it is to promote a music band nothing to compare with fashion retail products.
Arguments that is not true as most of these music customer are so picky in terme of quality...

He reproach me that I should have print samples before printing the whole stuff.
He reproach me that he ask 1st for DTG, but as the machine was down at this time (before the order) we said we will not print DTG because of the breakdown.
I never forced him to choose screenprinting, he fact he could have gone elsewhere for printing this order.

I bypass many other think, but the main reproach is not to have put all necessary procedure to ensure that I meet his standard he never spoke about neiver he provide.

I am in Europe, I know it is not the same law in the US, I am going to speak with my attorney, I am just here for inspiration, what would you do guys ?

cheers  :)

www.broceliande-serigraphie.com
San Gen Shugi - real place (Gen-ba), real part (Gen-butsu), reality (Gen-jitsu)

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: weird customer reclamation
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 08:30:33 AM »
He said the print have some hand and have a plastic feel.

This sounds to me like he had been expecting discharge/waterbase printing?

Since you say you're in Europe, isn't that way more common across the pond than here?

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 09:52:42 AM »
Do what is needed to make him feel OK with the deal, cut the price, reprint, refund. Then be done with him. This kind of customer will always find a way to come up with why his product isn't selling because of something you did wrong with the printing.

If its someone you want to keep around, then  insist on doing strike off's for every new print run before the run.

This kind of customer will often not know what they like until they see it in person & can pick it apart & then tell you what they don't like.

Good luck.   

Murphy37

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 12:12:13 PM »
Do what is needed to make him feel OK with the deal, cut the price, reprint, refund. Then be done with him.

Sorry but I disagree with this ^ unless your just into giving away money....people try to take advantage of you if you let them.  If I didn't really need the money and business was rolling I would just take all the garment's back and tell him sorry and move on.  Here is the lesson learn here some customers you have to have a pile of paper work and sign offs before you put ink to shirt, so you'll have a very good understanding of what they want and the limit of your shop to give it to them.  Now if you feel that you all had a meeting of the minds and feel this person is trying to get over on you lawyer up my friend.

darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 01:19:21 PM »
sounds like a classic case of miscommunication. He assumed one thing, you assumed another. I think it's our responsibility to explain the method of printing. We charge more for wb/discharge so our first stop is plastisol, if they want to pay for the "upgrade", we go wb. they will understand the differences and pay accordingly.... based on your website, you do some nice work and I'm assuming these garments are on point...as far as this customer/order goes, I would offer a discount on the current product, sorry for the lack in communication, your next run will be wb/dc and I will knock off a percentage...other than that - nothing. no money back -he also failed to communicate his expectations so he needs to own up to that as well...
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 01:43:26 PM »
I ALWAYS show people samples and/or communicate the pros and cons of the different ink options when first working with someone.  Informed customers are good customers (most of the time).

Offline BorisB

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2015, 01:49:40 PM »
Willy,

we get issues like this from time to time.  If it's repeat customer I want to keep, we try to make him somehow happy.  Otherwise we fight to the very end to get our money in full. Just because customer doesn't like what you did, if you did it according to your quality standards... Well in my opinion he isn't entitled to rerun or no payment.

Offline artprofile

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2015, 01:50:30 PM »
Do what is needed to make him feel OK with the deal, cut the price, reprint, refund. Then be done with him.

Sorry but I disagree with this ^ unless your just into giving away money....people try to take advantage of you if you let them.  If I didn't really need the money and business was rolling I would just take all the garment's back and tell him sorry and move on.  Here is the lesson learn here some customers you have to have a pile of paper work and sign offs before you put ink to shirt, so you'll have a very good understanding of what they want and the limit of your shop to give it to them.  Now if you feel that you all had a meeting of the minds and feel this person is trying to get over on you lawyer up my friend.

darryl

totally agree!

Offline Ripcord

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2015, 01:52:35 PM »

I would try and get some money from him. Would he be willing to pay 50% for the shirts? If he really is going to refuse the order and will not pay a nickel, then I would take the garments back. I would not reprint because he would most likely reject the second run as well.

(Usually you can tell these types of customers by the things they say and do during preliminary conversations. If somebody sounds like they're going to be trouble, I usually don't accept the job...)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 02:19:26 PM by Ripcord »
Raster to vector conversion