Author Topic: magnified emulsion picture request  (Read 3235 times)

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: magnified emulsion picture request
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2015, 06:30:39 PM »
I'd imagine that you CTS guys would see pinholes about as often as Christmas rolls around if you coat your screen right.  That's one of the things I'm looking forward to a lot with CTS is not having to examine the screen for a minute looking for pinholes and other imperfections that come from poor reclaiming, poor coating technique, dirty film and dirty expo glass.

yup.. one of the biggest things in work flow (other than the no reg marks deal) - we almost never have to tape in the 'field' of the screen...  very rare and 99% of the time is due to poor reclaim.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2015, 11:28:24 PM »
I'd imagine that you CTS guys would see pinholes about as often as Christmas rolls around if you coat your screen right.  That's one of the things I'm looking forward to a lot with CTS is not having to examine the screen for a minute looking for pinholes and other imperfections that come from poor reclaiming, poor coating technique, dirty film and dirty expo glass.

Pinhole, what's that? Lol your right I bet since we've gone cts I've seen less then 5 pinholes total.... All from dirty reclaim
Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline Orion

• !!!
  • Ain't no shortcuts in screen printing.
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2015, 11:30:46 PM »
I'd imagine that you CTS guys would see pinholes about as often as Christmas rolls around if you coat your screen right.\

Yep no more pinholes.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 11:44:12 PM by Orion »
Dale Hoyal

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2015, 07:57:07 AM »
I still look for pinholes out of habit but I'm almost always disappointed.  :)
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2015, 10:00:49 AM »
we get them RARELY.  we also still shoot through the glass but elevated from it.  it slows our exposure to make it easier to dial in.  and I have't had time to get some tubular steel and weld a new frame together...or pay somebody else to.