Author Topic: Resetting Waste Ink on WF1100  (Read 1800 times)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Resetting Waste Ink on WF1100
« on: April 03, 2015, 12:43:09 PM »
Any of you have done this?

I'm getting "Service required" and it's telling me, "The printer's ink pads are at the end of their service life. Please contact Epson support."

I downloaded their utility but when I run it, it says "ink pads don't need to be reset".

I thought there was a generic tool that didn't require serial and activation key... any one have that floating around?

Offline Itsa Little CrOoked

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Resetting Waste Ink on WF1100
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 01:10:12 PM »
I sent another link, but if I remember correctly, it may have only worked on my 1400.

VERY frustrating. Levi Systems in Dallas might have one 214-350-4961. The fact that today is Good Friday is NOT your friend in fixing this today, unfortunately.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 01:44:00 PM »
Keep us posted on this as we other 1100 users are bound to get this same message eventually.

What I hate, is that especially with a low end printer like this, they are probably considered disposable like so many of the electronic additions to our lives are nowadays.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 02:49:09 PM »
Thanks to Stan I got it fixed up.

A few hangups but I think they were on my end (I had something in the printer's queue).

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 02:51:26 PM »
I have an EpsonIPRUtility_A10 that I used on the 1400 numerous times, I don't remember it being printer specific, but that only means I don't remember...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 02:58:17 PM »
Okay, so I am figuring that between Stan and Steve, I won't be down for long when it happens to me.
However, what happens when one forces a re-set on a saturated pad? Sounds messy.

I do know that some have converted to an external waste tank to solve this issue.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2015, 03:09:47 PM »
Andy, convert over to external waste... it's SO freaking easy!

I will say, I did it wrong with my 2nd one because I just did it off memory and grabbed the wrong hose.  Never understood why nothing was collecting in the jar. LOL

So it was spewing ink all in the bottom of the printer from way on the right side wall of the printer for a LONG time.  Nothing "messy" yet... I assume it's just been draining down and soaking into the pad... I don't want to know anything more though. :)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2015, 05:23:43 PM »
Andy, convert over to external waste... it's SO freaking easy!

I will say, I did it wrong with my 2nd one because I just did it off memory and grabbed the wrong hose.  Never understood why nothing was collecting in the jar. LOL

So it was spewing ink all in the bottom of the printer from way on the right side wall of the printer for a LONG time.  Nothing "messy" yet... I assume it's just been draining down and soaking into the pad... I don't want to know anything more though. :)

I'll get back to you on that for details (and the right hose!)

Offline Itsa Little CrOoked

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2015, 05:27:52 PM »
I have an EpsonIPRUtility_A10 that I used on the 1400 numerous times, I don't remember it being printer specific, but that only means I don't remember...

Steve

Steve, does your version require entering the Serial Number? I've used several, and some do, some don't. One even cost 10 bucks per use.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2015, 05:37:24 PM »
I read the Epson one also doesn't FULLY reset it.. just buys you a bit more time.  Which I guess is because they know it's "optimistic" and it also puts you in a bind with ZERO warning!

The one that I ended up using was able to do a FULL reset of two different counters.