Author Topic: What would cause this? User error i'm sure but how do I correct it?  (Read 1411 times)

Offline Griffin

• Verified/Junior
I found an image that I want to use in a logo but I am having a bit of trouble with it. The original image is very distressed and is not suitable for cutting with vinyl. I am trying to fill the open spaces in the design and eliminate tedious weeding. I do want to keep some of the uneven edges of the design though. I have Attempted to accomplish this in Illustrator but using the paintbrush tool. Everything is just fine until I Shrink or Enlarge the image. The original image scales perfectly but the additions are all out of wack. I am attaching the original image, the image after i have fixed it how it should be displayed , and a picture of what happens when its enlarged.

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: What would cause this? User error i'm sure but how do I correct it?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 06:46:03 PM »
Make sure that you have scale strokes & effects checked in the transform panel before resizing.

(you may have to click on the W or H hotlinks in the top bar to get that menu to show up, or do window->transform)

Offline Griffin

• Verified/Junior
Re: What would cause this? User error i'm sure but how do I correct it?
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 07:05:13 PM »
Make sure that you have scale strokes & effects checked in the transform panel before resizing.

(you may have to click on the W or H hotlinks in the top bar to get that menu to show up, or do window->transform)

That did the trick!! Thank you so much!!