Author Topic: epson 3000 perpetual print  (Read 935 times)

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
epson 3000 perpetual print
« on: March 11, 2015, 12:30:14 PM »
Damn I have more crappy luck.
Sent a rip program file to my 3000 mainly to change the page output size to about 80 inches long.
Everything seemed to go well until the printer printed the image and stopped at @ the Epson 44 inch page limit...spit the paper out ruined my print.
OK reload the sucker and get the print finished maybe I can tile / patch it together?????
cut the paper reinset into the printer hit the pause button off and now all it does is print junk number and character strings.
Prints a few stops prints more stops and on and on.
This has happen before, unplug for about an hour and it goes away EXCEPT this time >:(.
Several unplugs didn't work same junk output.
Unplugged for better than 24 hours ...same thing junk number and character strings.
Tried everything I know including making a large paper loop and letting that sucker run out...if doesn't F*#$)%@ run out it just keeps going WTF
any suggestions would be appreciated.
BTY unloaded all software and reloaded no change I think this is all in the printer memory (loop) ?????
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: epson 3000 perpetual print
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 10:26:11 PM »
I remember getting some junk gobble-d-gook print and I almost think it was from repositioning the paper stop all the way to the right.

I think when I slid to the left to the 'click-notch' it went away.

Scared the crap out of me tho when it did it.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: epson 3000 perpetual print
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 08:47:53 AM »

an update      it aint in the printer.........letting the printer run as above, I pulled the printer cable soon after it will eventually print the junk out, re-plug the cable and the problem returns. I am VERY HAPPY it is not in the printer, printer works fine connected to another computer so I am good to go but apparently there is something "stuck on" upstream of the printer,(and yes I have dumped the print cue 1000000 times)

I can pretty much easily understand anything that I can see move , but this magical mystical interaction between programs connected by wires is way smarter than I will ever be ::)
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.