Author Topic: This Beauty Showed Up Friday  (Read 4929 times)

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
This Beauty Showed Up Friday
« on: March 09, 2015, 04:05:44 PM »
It's our first piece of new equipment in quite some time.  There's nothing better in our industry than seeing that truck pull up with a major piece of machinery inside.  Here are a few pics for your viewing pleasure.

That's all I've got right now.  I would rather be taking pics of a new 12 color auto but this will have to do for a while.  I think this is the first new embroidery machine we've bought since 05'.  We bought the 18 head barely used around that time and have refurbished an older 12 head during the last couple years to help keep up with the work coming in but this new machine will produce as much or more than our 18 so it should help relieve a ton of pressure off of the production crew.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: This Beauty Showed Up Friday
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 04:10:25 PM »
That was an awesome tease/reveal set of pics.

Every new pic I scrolled to, I was like "Oh, come on Alan, what is it!!"  Then I saw the tell-tale green.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 04:19:39 PM »
wait, do you keep that crating?  I have never seen metal crating before...that's cool.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 04:34:54 PM »
Nice!  That's a big bitch.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 05:16:16 PM »
That crate  weighed in at over 1000lbs and my bro in law has plans to use most of it for various projects.  I'd like to take the sheet metal and cover some of our tables with it.  I slapped some ink down on it to see if it would stain it and how it cleaned and it acted just like the stainless steel tables we have but I think it's aluminum. 
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Itsa Little CrOoked

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2015, 05:23:13 PM »
Steel crating... That's a first for me, but I don't buy much new stuff.

Anybody ever seen that before?

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2015, 05:28:48 PM »
Thought the beauty was maybe a hot blonde...but this is better becasue itll make ya money instead of takin it!

Congrates!

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2015, 10:30:55 PM »
Bad-ass.   8)
Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2015, 10:55:21 PM »

S.Roques come on/in steel crates.

Nice new rig Alan! Now are you able to make those machines run or just like to watch the needless go up and down? ;D  I know when we had them, I was the latter for sure!
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline BorisB

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2015, 03:27:54 AM »
Wow!

I'm facing decision whether to buy another 8 heads (TMAR Tajima) or 12 heads just like you did.  12 heads is more capacity, but we need in most cases more than one person to work it. Smaller designs make it impossible to make ready new batch on time. With 8 head machine most of the time one person can work alone.

How did your thoughts workout what Number of heads to buy?  Just to get maximum output? Or you work in different way? Or just because its really bad ass machine and you "need" to have it  ;)

Boris

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2015, 07:24:11 AM »
Nice!!! Congrats Alan

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2015, 05:29:42 PM »

S.Roques come on/in steel crates.

Nice new rig Alan! Now are you able to make those machines run or just like to watch the needless go up and down? ;D  I know when we had them, I was the latter for sure!

To give you an idea of my abilities to run an embroidery machine...A deer would have a better chance skating on ice with it's own pair of hockey blades than I would getting a job done.

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2015, 05:33:27 PM »
Alan, Pity it's not a 14 color MHM X type
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2015, 05:40:30 PM »
Wow!

I'm facing decision whether to buy another 8 heads (TMAR Tajima) or 12 heads just like you did.  12 heads is more capacity, but we need in most cases more than one person to work it. Smaller designs make it impossible to make ready new batch on time. With 8 head machine most of the time one person can work alone.

How did your thoughts workout what Number of heads to buy?  Just to get maximum output? Or you work in different way? Or just because its really bad ass machine and you "need" to have it  ;)

Boris

We have older machines and when we were looking we kept running into the newer machines' capabilities versus our older machines and the new 8's would out-produce our old 12's, and the new 12's would be as much or more than our 18 head, so we just decided we needed a new 12 and there wasn't anything special that went into the decision really.  We have 3 4-heads and 1 6-head, 3 12-heads and 1 18-head and the 12's get a lot of work.

Alan, Pity it's not a 14 color MHM X type

I know, and when the time comes to get another auto, I'm convinced that I have no clue as to what kind it's going to be.  There are so many good options out there right now, the MHM has always been a favorite but with Sroque and M&R having strong machines as well as our super reliable and capable RPM I can honestly say I don't have a favorite right now.  Of course if money were no object, the MHM 4000 would likely be my favorite, but then again there are scary stories out there about waiting for parts on down machines.  If that is something you worry a lot about there is really only one company out there that you wouldn't have to worry about being down for more than a day or two. 

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2015, 05:50:49 PM »

To give you an idea of my abilities to run an embroidery machine...A deer would have a better chance skating on ice with it's own pair of hockey blades than I would getting a job done.

Hahaha! Sounds about the same as my experience level, think twice I was able to re thread after a thread break. That intense skill was short lived as I forgot how to do it the next week! ;D
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com