Author Topic: Squeegees  (Read 5443 times)

Offline farmboygraphics

Re: Squeegees
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2015, 08:54:48 AM »
Not sure if this had been mentioned, but I contacted Clarke Product about purchasing some Smilin Jack squeegee and was told that it's no longer available to new customers. Does anyone know of a comparable product?
Tees and Coffee

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2015, 09:01:22 AM »
When did you call them? Joe and his wife were just at my place on Friday and didn't indicate that at all.

Not sure if they still carry them, but T&J Supply out of Chicago use to sell them as well.
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline farmboygraphics

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2015, 09:07:38 AM »
This is the email I received from them yesterday.

Tom,
We want to thank you for your interest in our Smilin’ Jack squeegee blades for textiles.

Unfortunately I have to tell you that we are no longer manufacturing/selling those blades to new customers. We have a few customers who have been “grandfathered” in, but currently it is not economically feasible for us to support new customers.

The technical success of the blades is well documented and likely in part why you were interested, however, given the nature of textile inks, the blade length, and the constraints of printing textiles, the textile blades do not provide enough revenue or margin to support the business. We are a small company, and do not have the resources to support that. As such, we have been forced to discontinue that product line.

We are constantly looking at different blade designs and manufacturing processes as we are selling our other squeegee designs to some non-textile markets. This may provide us with insight and opportunity to make the textile blades more economically feasible in the future.

We will keep your contact information and let you know if we are in a position to bring back the textile blades down the road.

Once again, thank you for your interest in our products and your understanding. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Regards,

CPR Sales & Marketing
info@cprknowsjack.com
sales@cprknowsjack.com
(630) 352-3229
Tees and Coffee

Offline farmboygraphics

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2015, 09:16:19 AM »
TCT,
Thanks, just ordered 2. Info from this board hasn't steered me wrong yet :-)
Tees and Coffee