Author Topic: Help / Screen is doing some weird thing  (Read 4637 times)

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
Re: Help / Screen is doing some weird thing
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2015, 08:38:19 AM »
haven't degreased in years, for me, waste of time.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2015, 08:48:36 AM »
To me, it looks like moisture or chemical residue.  It could also be washout booth blow-back. 
I would give your washout booth a good cleaning and add a hose for final rinsing (if you're only using a pressure washer) to prevent blow-back.
And add a dehumidifier to your screen room if it doesn't already have one, to ensure that the screens are truly bone dry before coating.
I'm with Dirk.  I haven't degreased in ages.  However, if it's only specific screens and not others, you may want to give them a thorough degreasing.
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2015, 11:48:15 AM »
haven't degreased in years, for me, waste of time.

same here with degreasing, well I take that back I do degrease brand new screens.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2015, 05:09:33 PM »
I've seen this (not to that extreme but definitely the same thing happening) a couple hundred times just this year.  My guy doesn't rinse the screens good enough and there is chemical residual water dripping down from the short rollers since that is what ends up sitting down in the dirty dip tank and then when it doesn't get rinsed thoroughly it drips down in the screen.  When I rinse the screens this doesn't happen at all, but you can show someone how to do it properly but if they don't want to do it, you just got to fire them.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2015, 05:30:30 PM »
When rinsing chemicals (like degreaser) we want water at high volume, but low pressure, like a regular hose and a broad nozzle (if any nozzle at all)

The exceptoion I make for this is when I use something like Liquid Renuit, which removes stains, haze, and degreases as well. For that, I like a spray with a little oomph, careful to not get blow-back.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?