Author Topic: i guess it was a good time?????????/  (Read 3598 times)

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
i guess it was a good time?????????/
« on: January 26, 2015, 08:50:05 PM »

Got this in my PM today? I have not been to a trade show since 2003 and never even heard of these guys but they sound pleased that I stopped by just the same:o
mooseman

Thank You For Visiting SoCal Blanks at the 2015 ISS Trade Show!
It was a resounding success for everyone at the show and it was great to see the many familiar and new faces. Meeting current customers and talking to new potential customers is one of the best parts of working a trade show. We appreciate all the people who stopped by booth #1863. Thank you again for making this such a great event and for being part of the

SoCal Blanks family. We look forward to building your brand in 2015!
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: i guess it was a good time?????????/
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 10:33:18 PM »
Actually, that was not too different from the equally insincere and disingenuous come-on that was my introduction to Ryonet. As I later told Ryan on another forum, some of us actually are influenced by first impressions, (financial success notwithstanding), and would prefer a little more honesty.
I think also, maybe some folks are so used to deceit and bullshirt, that, for them, this is seen as acceptable.

That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 01:38:31 AM »
As I later told Ryan on another forum...

WAIT...

There's another forum??

:o
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 07:24:26 AM »
Actually, that was not too different from the equally insincere and disingenuous come-on that was my introduction to Ryonet. As I later told Ryan on another forum, some of us actually are influenced by first impressions, (financial success notwithstanding), and would prefer a little more honesty.
I think also, maybe some folks are so used to deceit and bullshirt, that, for them, this is seen as acceptable.

Well at least they didn't send me a cheap aluminum key that could start my new 60K BMW....... or a toaster ::).
EVO, as far as the existence of another forum I think that could be some  more of the same deceit and bullshirt
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 07:12:47 PM »
UPDATE!
Almost on cue, Ryonet just thanked me for stopping by their booth, and now my wife is wondering how I sneaked down there, and got back before she knew I was gone. LOL!
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 07:52:53 PM »
Yeah big deal from San Fran top Long Beach big whoop, call me when you can NY to Long Beach and back  before the wife knows you are gone and supper gets cold 8)
mooseman

Offline GaryG

• !!!
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2015, 10:34:30 PM »
One time long ago when we were looking for an auto, a salesman called and
my wife said he said, he was "returning my call". I learned right then and there
that was a tactic to get past what he thought was the secretary. Since I didn't actually
call him, it was a lie and that company was immediately out.  ;)

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2015, 10:06:46 AM »
On the rare occasions I get to a show, I register under a few names. So I get two name badges. I use my real name for people that I know and want more information from. The carnies that bug me get my fake name. It's always funny to see the reaction of the receptionist when she starts getting phone calls for Lou Stules or Emmerson Biggins.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2015, 11:18:35 AM »
On the rare occasions I get to a show, I register under a few names. So I get two name badges. I use my real name for people that I know and want more information from. The carnies that bug me get my fake name. It's always funny to see the reaction of the receptionist when she starts getting phone calls for Lou Stules or Emmerson Biggins.

;D  Your awesome Dave that is great right there.... Thanks for the tip I will gladly steal and use this idea for the next show. :D
Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2015, 12:02:12 PM »
wouldn't it be interesting to have 50 Lou Stules at the next show?  ;D

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2015, 12:41:27 PM »
I'd hate to be the janitor cleaning the rest rooms
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline CGS

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2015, 02:38:50 PM »
Mike Litoris was the name for the second badge my father used. We still get 10 plus calls a month asking for Mike, best part is we usually tell the caller we know he is here, just can't find him...  ;D

Offline Northland

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2015, 04:02:43 PM »
Holden McGroin....

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2015, 04:51:52 PM »
Mike Litoris was the name for the second badge my father used. We still get 10 plus calls a month asking for Mike, best part is we usually tell the caller we know he is here, just can't find him...  ;D

He's not in today. He's at the lake... in his boat...
Design, Illustration and Color Separation for the Imprinted Apparel Industry for over 20 years. SeibelStudio.com
 Custom art not in the budget? Check out Bad Bonz Designs

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2015, 07:47:11 PM »
 :P can't believe nobody hit on the one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWiKmyzDJx8