Author Topic: Wilflex Athletic Inks  (Read 1350 times)

Offline CSPGarrett

Wilflex Athletic Inks
« on: January 23, 2015, 08:07:30 PM »
Just started switching our athletic inks to this.  What is your average mesh for 1 color sports logos on true 100% poly sport apparel?  Tried a 160 mesh today since I didn't want to over do it, but after seeing the results I am heavily leaning to 110 to get a thicker deposit.

For cure they were coming out right about 300 degrees at a pretty fast speed (belt was set to 255 but they excited at 300ish).

The ink is a bit tacky while hot, but once dry seems nice, just more concerned that athletic apparel for sporting teams want that THICK transfer/vinyl like print?

We have a lot of these types of orders to do now, and want to make sure we can throw them up and run quick.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 08:12:19 PM by CSPGarrett »
Real Quality Merchandising.  - Printing & Fulfillment Services.  Contract DTG & Screen Printing. www.customshirtprints.com

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Wilflex Athletic Inks
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 08:20:59 PM »
160-230 with Top Score, curing at 300, no tacky ink coming out of the dryer.

Offline CSPGarrett

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 08:41:36 PM »
Are you printing hit flash hit?  I am trying to print with just the top score color, no underbase since the quantities can be low (12-17 per item).
Real Quality Merchandising.  - Printing & Fulfillment Services.  Contract DTG & Screen Printing. www.customshirtprints.com

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 09:31:30 PM »
Light inks on darks, 150/48 or 180/48 here.  As with any ink you will probably need to use a UB or PFP on darks.  The WFX athletic inks can be literally too thick to print, thinking of the grey underbase here as an example.  These are the very rare cases where we will add about 1% Viscosity Buster (plasticizer) to the ink if clearing the ink is still an issue after stirring/warming/cycling some test prints to get it moving.  Sharp and slightly stiffer blades, 70/90/70 is what we use.

We use Performance, not Top Score...well we have a can of Top Score red we got as a free samp and it's nice as a spot red.  We did not see good results from either the Top Score base or White however.  Others seem to do OK with it but we favor Performance. 

Top Score was designed to eliminate some of that tack out of the back of the dryer for those with shorter outfeeds.  We don't have an issue with it but we have an 8' outfeed with big fans on it.   All the same, don't ever hot stack, let them cool as much as possible first and don't let them fall into the dryer catch and potentially fold the print onto itself.

Offline CSPGarrett

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 09:51:53 PM »
Yeah I was printing alone tonight so making sure to catch them and doing four stacks to mack sure they are cool.  I just thought the ink would be more opaque.  I just finished doing about 50 nylon jackers the other day with IC nylon series and it kicked the crap out of Wilfex from what I am seeing.  We did white on black and it literally was just one hit and done.  Bright as anything.