Author Topic: ISS Long Beach  (Read 12914 times)

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: ISS Long Beach
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2015, 04:07:19 PM »
outside of that, I am VERY excited to see where the industry is going.  it's amazing how fast it has started moving over the past few years.  I remember the 90's when anything we got was almost passed down from the offset world.

it's nice to see good competition out there.

Offline Croft

« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2015, 05:00:41 PM »
I was a noob this year and had a good time, basically confirmed what I had read researched on the web, was nice to get scale of equipment and build quality.
That Virus booth samples were pretty amazing. M&r's booth was busy , kind of wish I had gone last year because with our dollar losing ground I can easily add 25% to the cost of anything I saw.
  I was glad I went but don't really think I need to go back for a few years.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2015, 05:09:40 PM »

I was glad I went but don't really think I need to go back for a few years.

Well, even for those who aren't in the market for any new equipment, for many it's a matter of hanging for a few days with a few dozen friends otherwise limited to the internet.
Then, of course, there's always classes, seminars, dinner, and a check on the pulse of the industry in general, though, being in Ontario Canada, you may want to consider something on the East Coast or Midwest.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 05:41:12 PM by Frog »
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2015, 05:39:29 PM »
Back on the improved aspect of things..

The latest news is that one of the Direct To Garment machines.. is now to fast for the dryer and they had to throttle it back..  :o

The Paradigm II was in full force and they had it running at 300 pcs per hour.

And lets not forget to mention the Brown FireFly dryer.. talk about inovative!! Holy hot seat batman.. a single dryer than can cure DTG, Plastisol and WB all at the same time.. yeah brown built that  8)
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2015, 09:29:23 PM »
Show was pretty cool, the after going ons always seem to be my favorite!

I would like to thank Mr. Hoffman for dinner Friday night. A stand up gesture as usual, still appreciated none the less. Even if we were at the back "rebels" table ;D

It was awesome to see the ovals! Anyone know what the two pneumatics at the top of the head on head 4 were on the IQ oval? I was real excited to see this machine, but kinda let down by how it was displayed. The pneumatics that I mentioned looked totally jerry-rigged. The techs either did a poor job registering the press or this is just how it works, when a pallet would come over its location a pin pops up to register it. Well different pallet numbers had more of a final jerk(would move left to right as registering) than others. Seemed like the same number pallets were of the same distance, so it wasn't the pin being off. Probably doesn't effect the registration for printing as long as the pins are positioned properly, but still not something I expected to see.

Workhorse looks like they put their tablet interface on a Javelin. Which will let them get closer to the "entry level". Smart move. Their LED unit also looked nicely put together, and ridiculously competitively priced. I didn't get confirmation on what spectrum the unit was, but someone said multi spectrum.

It was interesting seeing the aaeon being moved/picked up by Nazdar. May be what they need to get moving. That being said, in b the dozen times I passed it it wasn't running...:o

Magna had a nice set up and it is nice to talk to knowledgeable people. Sounds like some of their products we tried in the past they have new and improved versions of now, and refer to the old ones as "garbage". Got them coming in this week so we will see!

There was a cool hoodie company there that had earphones built into their draw strings. Petty cool idea, but expensive! Can't remember the name of the top of my head, if anyone cares, pm me and I'll find it.

Didn't find it out at the show, a few days prior but still industry related. alphabroder is closing the WI warehouse. Not sure if that effects too many here, but a big hit for us.

Mark from Flying Colors in MI, almost got assassinated by a cinder block wall at 2am.
he made it out OK. Well OK enough to have a few more beers;D

Good times had and good friends made!
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline GKitson

• Just another t-shirt guy
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2015, 08:58:21 AM »
I was there and missed a lot, check it out.

75 min Scott Fresener & Greaves Long Beach ISS Show 2015 report on YouTube

http://youtu.be/Px7aMNhJiw8

~Kitson
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050