Author Topic: Permanent Block-out  (Read 6774 times)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Permanent Block-out
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2011, 02:51:49 PM »
What about "locking" some emulsion on the screen in that area?  I know that's taboo in normal situations but could these be a lower priced, readily available alternative or would it be more expensive?

I will be doing this VERY soon to my screens as I have no desire to mess with tape. :)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2011, 03:23:46 PM »
Though there are some hardeners that make emulsions permanent, I am not at all sure if they will seal the inside of the screen where the mesh hits the frame.

You could perhaps  look into RTV silicone for that part of the equation though. Good for squeegees too!
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Online tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2011, 03:41:59 PM »
The RTV caused more problems than it was worth for me. It would start to come off and get int ink. Really annoying. Depends on your ink clean/reclaim chemistry though.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2011, 02:54:21 PM »
I don't know how I missed this thread- it's awesome.  I wish all our screens looked like squeegee's.  Not only time and waste saving but what a nice clean flow for the screens not having to pull that tape off and put it back on every time.  I can see this being a major benefit for wb jobs and will definitely be trying out the liquid tape on our big diamond chase screens for the flatstock presses. 

For years now I've tried to find some way to achieve this with roller frames but it just ain't happening.  Now that I'm all into the low tension, thin thread mesh, roller frames seem like much less of a necessity.  I'll have to think about that for the future, I'd probably rather have blocked out screens like this than the control of a roller frame. 

Offline mjrprint

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2011, 12:12:40 PM »
Get yourself a larger coater. Problem solved. We dont block out or tape edges anymore.