Author Topic: Parking Rant!!!!!  (Read 4712 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Parking Rant!!!!!
« on: January 15, 2015, 04:29:26 PM »
Our shop is in a plaza alone with a Grocery Store, Hair Salon to name a few, and what gets a wild hair up my azz is parking.  We all have a few spots for each building to park in front of our business and then a big parking lot out front, but for what ever reason the Salon folks will park in front of our building and walk up to the salon, the laundromat folks will park in front of our building and go wash there cloths, and get this most times there are spots wide azz open in front of there building to park.  Why they like parking in our spots drives me F'ing nuts, I hate to be an azzhole but one day I'm just going to go the F off...if you fella's see on the news black business owner in Alabama put in jail over parking space... it will be me!!!!! >:(
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline tonyt79

Re: Parking Rant!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 04:50:44 PM »
Our shop is in a plaza alone with a Grocery Store, Hair Salon to name a few, and what gets a wild hair up my azz is parking.  We all have a few spots for each building to park in front of our business and then a big parking lot out front, but for what ever reason the Salon folks will park in front of our building and walk up to the salon, the laundromat folks will park in front of our building and go wash there cloths, and get this most times there are spots wide azz open in front of there building to park.  Why they like parking in our spots drives me F'ing nuts, I hate to be an azzhole but one day I'm just going to go the F off...if you fella's see on the news black business owner in Alabama put in jail over parking space... it will be me!!!!! >:(

I have kind of the same issue here, drives me nuts. It has gotten better over the last year, but I am right next to a dominoes and the delivery drivers always park right infront of my door. When we first moved in here we had people that worked in the store all day just park right out front and their cars would be there till after we close. I have even had customers tell me they didnt come by because it looked like we were busy. Luckily after a few complaints it has slowed down. Truthfully, I can not wait untill i move out of a retail location.

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 05:10:12 PM »
We have the same problem. After talking with the owner to get permission we put up parking signs designating who can park where, loading zones, etc. That didn't work so we got a towing company to start towing cars out. I know that's kind of harsh but it has worked for the most part. The other businesses at least make an attempt to keep there customers where they belong.

Offline tonyt79

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 05:21:59 PM »

We even had one of those dominoes people decide that parking in front of my door was not good enough, so they decided to try and park inside.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 06:41:45 PM »
They made your shop a drive in, dude I know you had to be pissed :(

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 09:49:31 PM »
We are next door to a "head shop" and they are about to sign a new 5 year lease with us!

Ppl don't want to be seen going in a head shop... They always park down by our end and then walk over there when no one is in the other spots.

Happens so much we don't even flinch when ppl pull up, we just assume it's for next door.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 08:43:02 AM »
we don't have a ton of spaces, so i try and keep on top of people parking in our lot and walking to the apartments(their lot is at the opposite end of the building from us, so our lot is a few less steps.  anyway, I've towed at least 3 people from there over the last 10 years.  I am nice and make sure i put a note on their car first, let them move it and if it's back again, it's gone.

the other problem I have are the other tenants here.  They park in front of their own business, we don't have a ton of parking out front, so you leave that for customers and employees park on the side, my guys do.  We even park around back to leave spaces for the other businesses.

Still, nothing beats the house in front of our shop.  These folks rented it pretty much turned it into a speakeasy.  That place would get FULL on the weekends.  It's maybe 1,000 sq ft.  but they would FILL our parking lot.  Funniest thing was when my dad went back into work one night and as he was pulling in a guy walked up to the car to try and charge him to park there...yeah.  Of course all of the neighbors complained, and the cops would come by and not do much...until Christmas Eve one year when there were gunshots...then they could get a warrant to search the whole property and find the deep fryers in the bedroom, beer freezers and so on...crazy.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2015, 09:07:47 AM »
Thankfully we don't have that issue, we have a huge parking lot and no visitors :D
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2015, 09:18:58 AM »

the other problem I have are the other tenants here.  They park in front of their own business, we don't have a ton of parking out front, so you leave that for customers and employees park on the side, my guys do.  We even park around back to leave spaces for the other businesses.

Just this week I had to tell our employees that the 3 spots up front are not for them, they're for customers.  2 of my guys were parking in the spots that are literally a few steps away from the front door.  Then I got attitude and one of the guys asked me why it was ok for the OWNER of the business to park where she does which is not really a parking spot and is on the side of the building more than the parking lot.

And then yesterday there was a blowup by two of the employees in the embroidery building.  I think I may visit the thread about insubordinate employees to talk about that BS.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2015, 10:22:51 AM »
0.25% of our business is walk in. Thank God.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2015, 11:05:06 AM »
Ok, we get to work this morning and what the F do I see in our parking space, a Truck, so I walk up to the hair salon and ask if anyone owns that truck a lady yes it's me.  I nicely ask her to move it and to beat all hell to death two spots in front of the salon where empty, I really wanted to show my azz and ask her why in hell are you parking way down here just to walk up there, but I didn't >:(

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2015, 12:53:11 PM »
I've had people park with trailers across the front of the building taking up MANY spots.

I walk next door and just look at them stupid and say "man, really?!" and when they inevitably don't get it "You are taking up almost every spot in front of my shop man!"  "oh, I was just gonna be in and out"... that's fine, but park it at the road like everyone else does (the road is literally 30' from the store front so it's not asking much.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2015, 12:57:23 PM »
The wife was pulling in one day with a truck parked crossways.  I happened to be coming out to see what the hell was going on at the same time, she looked at me like WTH?  I told her to pull in right in front of him.

He came from next door and said "my reverse doesn't work".  I said "well, then I don't know why you would park like that as someone is bound to park in front of you and just did.  You should have parked out by the road if that was the case."

I walked back in and just waited.  He then came out, dropped it in reverse and backed up.  I quickly bolted out the door to make sure he saw that I saw him back up!  He yelled out the window "it's HARD to get it in reverse".  Oh, so now things have changed eh?  Still wasn't moving my car for his ass!

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2015, 01:19:26 PM »
We get people who use our parking lot as the street going up the hill across the road is a death-trap if it's snowy, no problems usually as we probably have 20+ parking spots around the building, of course there are always exceptions, like this morning one of my Wife's co-workers called her to say she was going to park out back, no problem as she's done this before, of course she usually doesn't park right at the ****ing loading dock.... so we got to spend 1/2 hour hand-bombing multiple skids of glassware from our parking lot today, the best part is when I bailed off the icy checkerplate ramp and f***ed up my wrist and thumb and broke the cordless phone.

She did get her car perfectly centered so the ramp is completely blocked though... To get the full picture you have to imagine the other 19 empty spots that aren't perfectly in my way....
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2015, 02:55:10 PM »
Paint some yellow lines around the spot and at the base of the door and put a sign on the door LOADING DOCK no parking 9-5 (or whatever your hours)
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services