Author Topic: Does anyone else see the humor in this venue?  (Read 1770 times)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Does anyone else see the humor in this venue?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 03:53:17 PM »
An interesting side note. I don't know about his comedy performances, but when he is booked as a speaker, it is common for the local booking agency to source him one of his signature "Hello Friend" sweatshirts (to his specs).
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 03:55:30 PM »
Wow, that would be a hard decision.

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 04:09:14 PM »
About five years ago, when he was speaking in Sacramento, I was asked to make one. He still enjoyed his squeaky clean reputation then, so no problem.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 04:47:55 PM »
Why after so many years are these women bringing this back up? I could see if he could go to jail but now it just looks like the next news headline and for a few to possible get a dollar or two.  I can't say he did or didn't do what they say he did only them and himself know the truth what went on, give this a few months and you'll read about the next big news headline and this will be brushed away again.  I don't think anyone should be above the law but as it is today the law only apply to us without big money and star power :(

darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 05:07:55 PM »
Darryl, sadly this happens all too often in Hollywood.

For me, there are just too many women coming out for me to think it's BS.

They turned on Kobe for a SINGLE allegation and they crucified Michael Jackson for just a couple of whacked out allegations (that were later found to be false and at least one of them the mother had done similar things to other celebs!)

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, 05:10:21 PM »
Like any of us older guys, I first heard Bill Cosby's live albums in the mid-sixties. He killed us, no swears, no sex, just really friggin' funny. All through the years, he always made me laugh, and I thought he was great. Now, with all of the allegations, it's like finding out about Santa Claus all over again; truly disappointed.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2015, 05:15:22 PM »
Like any of us older guys, I first heard Bill Cosby's live albums in the mid-sixties. He killed us, no swears, no sex, just really friggin' funny. All through the years, he always made me laugh, and I thought he was great. Now, with all of the allegations, it's like finding out about Santa Claus all over again; truly disappointed.

Steve

Word!

Only glimpse that anything was ever wrong was the whole drama with Lisa Bonet when she and Bill feuded over her marrying Lenny Kravitz... maybe there was a reason behind that we didn't realize back then.

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2015, 08:00:48 PM »

Steve

Yup. If the allegations are true, it's a sad day. Cosby always seemed to be just a nice guy.
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline GaryG

• !!!
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2015, 10:17:26 PM »
An interesting side note. I don't know about his comedy performances, but when he is booked as a speaker, it is common for the local booking agency to source him one of his signature "Hello Friend" sweatshirts (to his specs).

Wow, we were fortunate to do this also a couple years back. I want to use it as a promo,
but not sure now. It was for his comedy tour and he drapes it over the seat he sits in for the show.
Still funny as the '70's, but bringing some of the local hometown satire into the routine.

Frooofy the Dog!