Author Topic: show booths, let us see yours!  (Read 4168 times)

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
Re: show booths, let us see yours!
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2015, 12:10:56 PM »
nice, fun places to hang for a few places on someone else's dime :D

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2015, 01:43:20 PM »
If you want to see some amazing booths go to a builders show in Vegas. I showed at one when we were doing spray foam insulation. We had a metal frame exposed wall booth. Instead of drywall it was all Plexiglas. It was cool looking but nothing compared to the guys that built full homes in some of the show. Just nuts how much time and effort they did.

Offline bulldog

• !!!
  • Brandon
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2015, 11:29:12 PM »

We used to do shows a lot. It was such a grind and I don't miss it at all. We would drive overnight a lot of times to save on hotel which then wore you out big time. It was a total crap shoot of if you'd make money also. We drove overnight to Indy one time and sold like 25 shirts. Did the New York Comic Con once and sold a lot but by the time we paid for booth, hotel, food, travel, etc we broke even.

Anyway, our business changed direction a bit and we don't do those kinds of shirts or events anymore. So glad.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2015, 12:44:01 PM »
Candy and pens are nice, but I found aspirin and antacid tablets to be more popular. Maybe it's the crowd we cater to?

Fantastic Idea. People do need those.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2015, 12:55:48 PM »
The biggest/nicest trade show booths I've seen was at a wholesale/retail shows. Once in Atlanta while working for Russell, I went to a show. Don't remember the name. Companies like Nike had very nice booths. they were small compared to that larger one below, but they would do a 2nd story. The entrance and exits had checkpoints. You couldn't get in to see there stuff unless you had a buyers tag (and were pre registered customer). If not, you had to go into a small room and and get interviewed first. Then, someone would walk you through their product inside.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Audifox

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2015, 01:27:39 PM »
Candy and pens are nice, but I found aspirin and antacid tablets to be more popular. Maybe it's the crowd we cater to?

Bottled water was always a big hit.