Author Topic: Amazing Bright White  (Read 4621 times)

Offline CSPGarrett

Amazing Bright White
« on: January 02, 2015, 08:42:34 PM »
Does anyone have any feed back with this ink?  As we prep for another 5er of Legacy I thought I may try and grab a sample of it to give it a try. Looking just want to make sure it has after flash tack and WOW ability (assuming it does).

Thanks for the input!! - Garrett
Real Quality Merchandising.  - Printing & Fulfillment Services.  Contract DTG & Screen Printing. www.customshirtprints.com

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Amazing Bright White
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 10:13:27 PM »
Really should try to avoid after flash tack as that is probably over flashed.  Should feel like warm paper (dry to touch with no tacky feeling)
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline CSPGarrett

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 10:43:30 PM »
I meant to see if it is an ink that doesn't have it often, our Legacy is a 1-3 second flash and usually doesn't have it, prints pretty smooth even when a spot color is right after the flash.
Real Quality Merchandising.  - Printing & Fulfillment Services.  Contract DTG & Screen Printing. www.customshirtprints.com

Offline Jwcontractscreen

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 11:08:45 PM »
I use used up my 5 and it seems pretty similar to quick white to me. Lays a little thicker cover and is much creamier once it warms up a bit.  My guys make a bit of a mess taking it out of the screens.
Contract screen printing in Northern Kentucky
www.jwcontractscreen.com

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 01:16:13 AM »
So it gets really runny when warm?
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 06:15:33 AM »
Works nice on the manual, easy to use on a cold day. Didn't like it on the auto, lacked opacity. IMO the legacy and quick are much better products.

Offline CSPGarrett

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2015, 12:37:16 PM »
Thanks Brian, I guess I will stick with the Legacy, haven't had any issues, has great opacity, and spot color is a quick ship for it.

Offline scott316

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2015, 12:22:58 AM »
Legacy white is a great white. We offer it at $265 with free shipping. We can also offer mix and match singles to get 5 gallon pricing.  Includes colors and black and white.
Scott Thompson
404-583-4903

Offline CSPGarrett

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2015, 09:11:19 AM »
Hey Scott,

Yeah we plan to get it from you guys from now on.  McLogan is just a bit too far of a ship time.

Offline scott316

• !!!
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2015, 08:50:47 AM »
Hey Scott,

Yeah we plan to get it from you guys from now on.  McLogan is just a bit too far of a ship time.

Ok sounds great!!!
Scott Thompson
404-583-4903

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2015, 12:28:50 PM »
I wasn't too impressed with the QT I had so we stay on quick.
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2015, 01:08:56 PM »
Just did a 5 of this ink and I will not be buying it again. Quick is more consistant. I honestly liked SF LP better then this one. Only if SF had less puff it would work fine in my shop.

Offline Itsa Little CrOoked

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2015, 02:03:09 PM »
I don't want to hijack this thread, but on the Wiflex Quick White, do you guys use it for top colors too, or just underbase.

I had a bad experience with it as a spot color, large area underbase once, when I think I must have over flashed it. It was on my manual, with no consistent control...dancing around the fringes. The top colors had failed on a few of the shirts. At least that was my opinion, post autopsy.

I use Quick, I like it, but I wonder if I'm actually making a mistake using it as an all-around white.

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2015, 02:38:44 PM »
I don't want to hijack this thread, but on the Wiflex Quick White, do you guys use it for top colors too, or just underbase.

I had a bad experience with it as a spot color, large area underbase once, when I think I must have over flashed it. It was on my manual, with no consistent control...dancing around the fringes. The top colors had failed on a few of the shirts. At least that was my opinion, post autopsy.

I use Quick, I like it, but I wonder if I'm actually making a mistake using it as an all-around white.

If you over heat it, it will blister. It has no real puff to it so its great as a under-base or top color on high detail stuff.  I have used it as my only white for a long time.

Amazing white prints alot like quick but its its a long body ink. It does break down into a very printable ink, but is thick/sticky in the beginning. The coverage is much better on quick but if you know your press you can print both very well.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2015, 02:57:48 PM »

It's our only regular plastisol white, we use it for everything and I'd recommend if for everything, excepting 100% poly or bleed prone fabrics.