Author Topic: Blank boxes? Where to buy?  (Read 7655 times)

Offline tonyt79

Re: Blank boxes? Where to buy?
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2014, 01:31:20 PM »
I have been thinking about doing this for a while. Would like to know if anyone prints their own. I have heard it is not hard to do

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2014, 01:40:58 PM »
It's easy. We use waterbased inks. High mesh, low line counts. Send 'em down the dryer super fast. I used to print flatstock
and have several flatstock presses, now we do it on the MHM's with a slightly modified pallet.

Again, I like printing boxes.

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2014, 01:44:45 PM »
We get those make a size ones from Uline. They have a crease every 2" or so from the top to about a third of the way down. You slit the corners down to the crease you want and fold it over, the one size can be adjusted from 24-72 shirts.

We print our own boxes, two color with acrylic craft paint, run them down the dryer at a low temp or let them air dry.

I was at a shop out west that had their logo printed on the tape. They used it for everything including screen tape. Kind of a waste for screen tape.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2014, 01:52:01 PM »
Oh, our larger boxes are creased 2" down as well.  forgot about that.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2014, 01:54:45 PM »
What lb test or crush weight are ya'll using? We had an order make a round trip via UPS (client forgot they wanted
the order relabeled....) and the boxes came back pretty haggard.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2014, 02:45:21 PM »
I order locally.  The guy does free delivery and they are around a buck even at an order of 100 units.  I print my own with a two color logo, phone number, website, etc.  It is super easy and quick.

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2014, 03:04:13 PM »
When you guys say you get them locally, do you mean an actual box supply company? Or an office supply co etc? I contacted a local custom corrugated box company and they were over $3 for 100 boxes. I think their market and equipment is more custom-oriented than I need.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2014, 03:09:13 PM »
I order them from a company that just supplies boxes.  I doubt very much that they are actually cutting/gluing them, but are just buying in bulk and distributing.  The word "custom" has never been in any of their sales stuff that I've seen and the boxes are good quality and dirt cheap.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2014, 10:30:42 PM »
We print our own too, I'll check the crush weight tomorrow. It's a higher end double wall(forget what they call it, but I can look) white box, the Gildan T-Shirt case size. Local box manufacturer.

There may be a chance we could find a nation wide box company that has multiple locations and all go in on a bigger order.... Not sure if that is even a option as they would be made at different plants, but maybe. We would all have to agree on a box size though.

Thoughts?
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2014, 10:55:37 PM »
Victory packaging (Golden State Container in CA) is who we use. Lots of locations but I doubt it on the bulk deal. The majority of the cost of a box is fuel.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2014, 11:08:31 PM »
I know that, that is why there are so many of them. You can only ship cardboard so far till the fuel to ship it costs more than the box.

I was thinking in terms of say, TSC or SanMar(obviously not that volume) they have a hand full of locations across the US. I'm 100% sure they get some boxes printed/made locally. I just thought maybe they had one master contract and the boxes for made in different locations. Guess it makes more sense that they would have a person at each location take care of boxes for that location.

Eb- thanks for gently pissing on my grand plan. ;) :D
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2014, 11:21:25 PM »
Hahaha, sorry. I do need to order soon, maybe I'll try and ask.

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2014, 10:51:05 AM »
So the local Co. came back with a price. At 300 boxes I can get them printed with a single color for $1.99 each. Plate costs between $250-$500 depending on size.

Home depot boxes are $1.68 each for 20.

Maybe I should start small lol 300 boxes would take up a lot of space and take me a long time to dole out unless I used them for every order.

On the other hand I wouldn't even have to think about printing them and would be set for a long time. What do you all think?

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2014, 11:11:03 AM »
I've been trying for awhile to get my wife to let us spring for some custom boxes, 1.68 at home depot don't sound bad just to try it out.  I see a big benefit in having your logo on boxes going out the door, she sez it's a waste, think I might have to pull rank this time and get some and print them myself.  What would be the better color box white or the plan tan box or do any of you think it matters? because I'm only going to print one color.

darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2014, 11:28:06 AM »
How hard can these be to print?.....

1 screen for many sizes of boxes...The logo just needs to be a decent size....Water based inks that can just air dry.....