Artist > Art for free/trade/donation

Free downloadable halftone test file

<< < (3/3)

Dottonedan:

--- Quote from: Itsa Little CrOoked on December 22, 2014, 11:40:22 AM ---Hey Dan,

When you get a minute, could you re-save that file as a CS-2 version or lower for Illy and maybe PM me with it?

I'm too tight to upgrade, I guess. I can print it from Photoshop now, but I'm not confident of the tiny details.

Thanks! And MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and yours!

Stan

--- End quote ---

Will do.  I thought I saved it back pretty far, but must not have been far enough. Last night I started working on my test for multi colors of 1% up to 100%  (blending from one stock color to the next) so that you can obtain good print colors to use as a gauge for what % you need with what color to obtain a specific target color (using your own stock colors or specific pms colors. Both on darks and lights.  It's a pretty valuable tool to have but it's a bit time consuming. I'm half way done with that (I think).

Dottonedan:

--- Quote from: StinkyDaddy on December 22, 2014, 10:30:43 AM ---I cut my exposure time from 45 seconds to 40 this morning using the same film as last time.
The reduced exposure seems to have made a difference.
One pic is of the screen held up to a shoplight right before I put it on the press.

Thanks again.

--- End quote ---

Those look better.  It sure looks like you're holding with your ink, everything you are providing. I would say to cut the time back a tad even more. You want to hold the dots (see them) in the screen, even tho you may not hold them on press due to the mesh blocking the ink on the 3% and lower, but of the 3% and above, you should more (more consistently). I see a good many dots missing from the 3,4 and even 5. But that's still good.  Check your films (in that 3% range) and make sure your printer device is actually kicking out those dots onto film.   Good pics!

EDIT:  Even your 7%'s seem to be missing some in a few areas. Looks good tho, like it should produce a pretty good gradation. Just missing some dots. After comparing to your original pic, I think it's in your film printer that is causing some of that. It seems consistent like maybe some nozzles can be clogged. Do some nozzle checks and auto cleans.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version