Author Topic: starlight exposure unit + emulsion type (exposure times)  (Read 4990 times)

Offline Mr Tees!!

Re: starlight exposure unit + emulsion type (exposure times)
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2014, 02:08:24 PM »
...nope, 40 sec works for me across all counts. I will add that as an extreme exception, the other day I burned a 40-mesh and increased the time a bit, only because the coating was quite a bit thicker than the standard. Still, I think I only went to 50sec and the image was just fine.

...Now granted, I'm not the guy breaking out the microscopes, densitonomers and what have you. What I DO know is that, 40 seconds, paired with the proper mesh selection, gives me nice, durable, screens with halftones better than I have ever achieved before with fluorescent units. And, in a fraction of the time.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 02:25:00 PM by Mr Tees!! »
Thanks TSB gang!!

...Sean, Mr Tees!!!

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2014, 02:38:07 PM »
what's the difference between the starlight and the STE II exposure system?
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Online tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2014, 02:43:40 PM »
...nope, 40 sec works for me across all counts. I will add that as an extreme exception, the other day I burned a 40-mesh and increased the time a bit, only because the coating was quite a bit thicker than the standard. Still, I think I only went to 50sec and the image was just fine.

...Now granted, I'm not the guy breaking out the microscopes, densitonomers and what have you. What I DO know is that, 40 seconds, paired with the proper mesh selection, gives me nice, durable, screens with halftones better than I have ever achieved before with fluorescent units. And, in a fraction of the time.

Sometimes that's all you need to know!

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2014, 04:35:18 PM »
what's the difference between the starlight and the STE II exposure system?

starlight in the back and led bar in the front.  that's it basically.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline ABuffington

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2014, 05:53:00 PM »
For anyone wanting exposure times run a step test.  No matter if you have the exact same exposure unit or not.  Why?  Are the ambient conditions the same, temp and humidity?, No it's different everywhere, run a step test.  Does everyone coat the exact same emulsion thickness? No, so run a step test on your coating technique.  Did you dry it for the exact same time in the same conditions? No, run a step test.  Are you using the same mesh?  You know the answer.  Or substitute an exposure calculator.

Link to perform a step test:  Learn it once and you will always have well exposed screens.

http://murakamiscreen.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Step-Test-Instructions.pdf

AL

Alan Buffington
Murakami Screen USA  - Technical Support and Sales
www.murakamiscreen.com