Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 2119 times)

Offline mark

Greetings
« on: November 27, 2014, 12:32:37 PM »
Hello all. I've been lurking here for quite awhile and decided to go ahead and introduce myself. I must say this is one of the most supportive and helpful groups around. One day I hope to add something useful to a discussion myself :)
A little about me:
Weekend warrior here. I live just south of Dallas, TX and have been print about 2 years. Needless to say I have much to learn. I really enjoy the whole process and strive to improve. 

Mark

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 12:37:38 PM »
Thanks Mark, for the kind words, and for signing up. Welcome.
We're glad to be able provide this support, and hope that you help spread the word.
It can only get better!
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 02:18:50 PM »
Hey Mark, Welcome!
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 10:56:42 PM »
Thanks for the introduction. Great to have new members. What did you do before screen printing? Tell us how you decided to do printing anyways?
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline tonyt79

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 02:46:52 AM »
Welcome, I am just north of dallas

Offline markwilson228

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2014, 02:50:30 PM »
Thanks for the welcome guys.  I spent a tour in the Navy after high school and have been working for a semiconductor manufacturer here in Dallas for the last 17 years. I was looking into going back to school or starting a business and ran across the creative cloud website. Thought that there has to be a way to make some money with it. The very next search had an ad for a ryonet starter kit. A light bulb went off. Three months and countless hours on you tube, forums and craigslist later.  We were in buisness:) Now if I could just figure out how to print white on a black shirt!(kidding)

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2014, 03:20:54 PM »
Now if I could just figure out how to print white on a black shirt!(kidding)

Coat random screen a bunch of times with some emulsion.  Expose in the sun for a while with transparency taped to it.  Dump a few quarts of ink onto the screen and mash through the screen 3 or 4 times onto shirt.  Complain about how hard white ink is to print manually.  Be sure to flood between every stroke to ensure maximum amount of ink is layered onto the shirt.  Flash for about 30 seconds while looking at it a little confoundedly.  push on print to see if ink comes up on your hand.  Repeat until hand is burned.  Mash more ink through the screen until you feel like it's enough.  Cure.  Test to see if the print will stop bullets. Done!  (kidding of course)

Welcome!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2014, 04:12:14 PM »
So Mark, which one are you going to be? Two posts, two different screen/member/account names.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?