Author Topic: Dip Tank Chems?  (Read 6856 times)

Offline Logoman

• Life is what happens while your making other plans
Dip Tank Chems?
« on: November 16, 2014, 09:14:19 AM »
For those who are using Dip Tanks, what chemicals are you using in the Tank, cost ect?

Offline gtmfg

Re: Dip Tank Chems?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 09:59:01 AM »
We have been using CCI products (dip & Strip) but Easiway is quite a bit cheaper and they ship for free

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 10:22:10 AM »
Xenon has a host of options.
Dip Tank Solutions
XER 25.  25 - 1 concentrated emulsion remover.  $58.50
One Step.  Ink remover, emulsion remover, degreaser all in one.  $28.50 per gallon.  This is NOT a concentrate.

Ink Removers
Plastiwash.  $107.50 per five gallon pail.

Haze and Ghost Removers
F.S.I.C. $175 per five gallon pail
Xen Magic.  $137.50 per five gallon pail

Degreaser.  $11 per gallon.  This is a neutralizing degreaser.
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline stitches4815

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 03:12:29 PM »
I use Franmar one step solution.  I purchase the 2.5 gal container at a cost of $130.  The stuff works really great.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 05:56:49 PM »
We use either CCI Gem-Zyme which is dirt cheap or CPS liquid stencil remover conc. 1:25 which is a bit more expensive but does a very good job.

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2014, 08:19:47 PM »
CCI Gem-zyme here.  Can't beat it for the price and it works great.
Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 01:53:19 PM »
We have been using CCI products (dip & Strip) but Easiway is quite a bit cheaper and they ship for free

We just switched to CCI dip & strip from easiway supra as it was cheaper for us. Interesting how that works out sometimes.

charged up a 105 gallon tank with 2 - 5 gallons of D&P two weeks ago and the strength is perfect. Unlike Supra, if you add to much it dissolves the emulsion whereas the D&P just gets it soft. Breaks down the ink a little better as well.

I've been a long time user of CCI products and always seem to end up using their products as they always out perform all the others.
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2014, 04:25:19 PM »
I use supra in my tank, and 701 to dehaze and degrease.  Had my tank set up for about 10 months with one gallon recharge a few months ago.  Still breaking down hardened sp1400 screens without issue.  I agree it is almost too good on say an unhardened short run higher mesh HVP screen.  If I am not careful with dip time the emulsion will start coming off the screen.  For the 1400 though it never does anything but soften, even if it sits in there for 30 minutes.

I'll likely try a different chem next time I need to just so I have the experience with what's out there.  If it sucks I will just go back to the Supra.

Does anyone else use something akin to 701 that will take off plastisol and waterbased ghost/remnants and degrease in one?  All the other dehaze type products I have tried mess with emulsion adhesion without a true degreaser after, which just adds time without adding any benefit over the 701.  More curious than anything as I likely will just stick with 701.

Offline rmonks

• !!!
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2014, 05:03:22 PM »
I use Easyway Supra. It removes the ink and emulsion. BUT I remove 99% of the ink prior to dipping, knowing Supra was designed to remove ink and emulsion. It just seems like it prolongs the life of the chemicals.

Offline rmonks

• !!!
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2014, 05:26:57 PM »
I use supra in my tank, and 701 to dehaze and degrease.  Had my tank set up for about 10 months with one gallon recharge a few months ago.  Still breaking down hardened sp1400 screens without issue.  I agree it is almost too good on say an unhardened short run higher mesh HVP screen.  If I am not careful with dip time the emulsion will start coming off the screen.  For the 1400 though it never does anything but soften, even if it sits in there for 30 minutes.

I'll likely try a different chem next time I need to just so I have the experience with what's out there.  If it sucks I will just go back to the Supra.

Does anyone else use something akin to 701 that will take off plastisol and waterbased ghost/remnants and degrease in one?  All the other dehaze type products I have tried mess with emulsion adhesion without a true degreaser after, which just adds time without adding any benefit over the 701.  More curious than anything as I likely will just stick with 701.
I have tried 2-3 other ink degraders, and have come back to 701 it works as an ink degrader and a degreaser.

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2014, 08:39:06 PM »
We just switched to water in the dip tank so it`ll be a post exposure tank, and we're going back to the stack method for reclaiming. For us it's faster, cheaper and leaves a cleaner screen when done. 
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2014, 04:02:40 PM »
Anyone running ER80?

Gary Fox is recommending it over Gem-Zyme, and running it at a ratio of half gallon per tank (I assume 30 gallon tank).  That puts the cost at about $25 per tank... hard to beat that.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2014, 07:30:23 AM »
We do. Gary is a great rep BTW. He really caters to your specific needs.

Offline Itsa Little CrOoked

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2014, 09:39:41 AM »
CCI GemZyme here, but I do a 2 step process. I remove the ink with CCI's HR-30 prior to the emulsion step. GemZyme is very economical and will sometimes go 6 months for my little shop. I might "spike the tank" once or twice with a half gallon towards the end of its life but I haven't done the math to see if its a good idea.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 11:58:23 AM by Itsa Little CrOoked »

Offline rmonks

• !!!
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2014, 09:46:14 AM »
We just switched to water in the dip tank so it`ll be a post exposure tank, and we're going back to the stack method for reclaiming. For us it's faster, cheaper and leaves a cleaner screen when done.
What are the steps to stack method.