Author Topic: under cured?  (Read 2931 times)

Offline cleveprint

• !!!
Re: under cured?
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2014, 12:31:27 PM »
The highlights of the Bright Tiger includes Good Flash Properties and Can be used as an Flashed Underbase White.. Which leads to the conclusion that the plasticizer used in the Bright Tiger has low surface tension and (when flashed), will maintain a low critical surface tension so that the top colors will adhere readily.

The Bright Tiger precautions does state that you should avoid over flashing as it can result in poor top color adhesion.. Hmm.. The critical surface tension has a very narrow range- Well that's a contradiction to it's highlights.

Now if the top color (Red) plasticizer, naturally has a higher surface tension than the Bright Tiger, then the two inks will be incompatible and you may need to use a wetting agent in the Red to lower it's surface tension so that it can adhere to the gelled Brighter Tiger.

now thats a scientific answer. maybe ill grab another red we have and give it a go if these wash tests do not work tonight. i would def like to get down to the bottom of this one.

Offline cleveprint

• !!!
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2014, 11:43:22 AM »
well my my saga continues. i took 2 of the hoods home and washed them myself last night. washed them once in hot water dried them and then washed them in cold water and dried them. both are completely fine! nothing washing off.

im going to tell the person that washed theirs to take a new one home and wash it. could it be the way they are laundering? never heard that, but i guess it could be a poss. she did not iron them, i did ask that! not that anyone would ever iron a hoodie....

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2014, 11:51:14 AM »
I have one more thing to suggest to increase your chances of success.
If somehow it is not all of the pieces but some may be suspect, run them all through the dryer again. Is it possible that there was a draft or a fan was positioned wrongly or some other outside force changed the drying environment momentarily or sporadically?

btw, it is not unheard of to include the instruction to wash decorated garments inside-out (though few will do so)
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?