Author Topic: guns, guns and more guns . . .  (Read 35628 times)

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
Re: guns, guns and more guns . . .
« Reply #165 on: January 02, 2014, 12:47:24 PM »
Got my eye on one of these like Alan's dad. Heard nothing bad about these guns:
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/7-G51431

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #166 on: January 02, 2014, 01:41:38 PM »
Mike it was a joke.   I have enough guns to support a small army. 

But thanks for the name calling since it is the dems who want to outlaw them.

Oh yeah. Who shoots IDPA?  Now that is awesome

Sam

Not IDPA, but I shot USPSA/IPSC back in the day... Just Standard (minor) with a 9mm Ruger, but I got to see hot rodders like Rob Leatham in action. Ever shoot one of those tricked-out race guns? Like a dragster... not good for anything but racing, but wow, the mods make a .45 shoot like a .22.

The SVI I have (picture somewhere in the beginning of this thread, is a modified IPSC .45. It does not have all the bells and whistles, so it only kicks like a .38 special, but holy crap is it easy to shoot. Anybody ever in Cleveland area should stop by and we'll go to the range. I might consider bringing it to AC for a fun night out (would have to confirm transportation legalities and availability of a gun range there first though).

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #167 on: January 02, 2014, 09:17:35 PM »

I have been wanting one of those guys too! Sometimes I just don't feel my .40cal really says "get the he!! out of my shop!" loud enough ;D

One of my employees(know him since kindergarten) bought one of these the other day....

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Mossberg-715T-Flat-Top-Rimfire-Rifle-Package&i=692593

Since it was only a .22 after close 4 of us took it into the basement and went through a couple hundred rounds. Then he picked up a new Bushmaster one that fires a .223, told him we better test the sight on that puppy somewhere else ;D
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #168 on: January 02, 2014, 10:51:34 PM »

I have been wanting one of those guys too! Sometimes I just don't feel my .40cal really says "get the he!! out of my shop!" loud enough ;D

One of my employees(know him since kindergarten) bought one of these the other day....

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Mossberg-715T-Flat-Top-Rimfire-Rifle-Package&i=692593

Since it was only a .22 after close 4 of us took it into the basement and went through a couple hundred rounds. Then he picked up a new Bushmaster one that fires a .223, told him we better test the sight on that puppy somewhere else ;D

I got one of those Mossberg's, fun gun and cheap, picked mine up for $250 on sale, it doesn't like to be dirty lol. And last time out as my son was shooting it had a squib and something broke on it. Gotta break it down and see what happened.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 12:29:16 AM by Prosperi-Tees »

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #169 on: January 03, 2014, 12:31:17 AM »
I thought about a 40 cal since the ammo now is about the same price as 9mm. But since I have a sub compact 9 I figured I need a full sized 45!

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #170 on: January 03, 2014, 08:01:34 AM »
I used to shoot IDPA... while just a 'game', it really taught me a lot about myself, getting on target quick, and practical self-defense... (oh, and the 'night' shoots with a handheld flashlight were fun too).

total rush when the buzzer goes off...

SHOOTER READY?

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
« Reply #171 on: January 03, 2014, 10:43:25 AM »
I used to shoot IDPA... while just a 'game', it really taught me a lot about myself, getting on target quick, and practical self-defense... (oh, and the 'night' shoots with a handheld flashlight were fun too).

total rush when the buzzer goes off...

SHOOTER READY?

The night shoots I did were on a lit course, but with smaller metal targets instead of the cardboard silhouettes. They would "ping" when hit. Yes, great training for focus and coordination and yes, total rush. If I remember correctly, the night shoots weren't scored or awarded.
Design, Illustration and Color Separation for the Imprinted Apparel Industry for over 20 years. SeibelStudio.com
 Custom art not in the budget? Check out Bad Bonz Designs