Author Topic: Murakami Versus Mr. Clean?  (Read 1632 times)

Offline andyandtobie

• Verified/Junior
  • "They said this would be easy!"
Murakami Versus Mr. Clean?
« on: October 29, 2014, 11:59:10 AM »
Thanks to everyone for all the great posts.  We're mostly lurkers, just because we usually find that whatever we need is already here.  Okay, so my wife and I are still pretty new to this, and I've been using those foam "Mr. Clean Magic Eraser" pads during reclaim with good results.  But, we've been using standard yellow mesh, and now we've got Murakami S-mesh screens that arrived yesterday.  I'm wondering if these pads are too harsh to use on the S-mesh?  I wonder because an article I read about those pads said that they were made of a foam that was extremely hard and sharp on a microscopic level, but broke down quickly.  Anyone else used them?

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Murakami Versus Mr. Clean?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 12:08:49 PM »
Whether they damage S-Mesh, I can't address, but from what I read in reviews from general users, they break down so fast that many find them almost useless, complaining that after a few wipes they were trash.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 12:19:52 PM »
Now that you're in the fold so to speak..

Let start using industry specific chemicals.

Yeah it's easy to run down to the store and buy few more of those pads, but I'd wager that the cost of those far outweighs the cost of a gallon of stain remover and a brush.
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 01:41:50 PM »
We use the same scrubbies on our S-Mesh'd screens, never popped one yet, but then again, we made sure to not, "over stretch" the mesh and followed the specs.
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2014, 03:58:18 PM »
I would not scrub a screen with an abrasive. Maybe 20 - 30 years ago, roughing the fabric so that indirect stencils would stick, but not anymore. Just use the proper chemicals and brushes and you'll be fine.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline ABuffington

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2014, 04:11:34 PM »
If the brush/pad scratches the back of your hand with the same pressure you use on the screen during reclaiming, then it will over time scratch very thin threads found in the S Mesh.  Let the chemistry do the work, not brute force that can damage fine threads.
Alan Buffington
Murakami Screen USA  - Technical Support and Sales
www.murakamiscreen.com

Offline andyandtobie

• Verified/Junior
  • "They said this would be easy!"
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2014, 04:16:37 PM »
Thanks for the info, guys!  I've said it before but I'll say it again, this place is awesome!