Author Topic: Did anyone watch "The Profit" this week?...  (Read 7971 times)

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Did anyone watch "The Profit" this week?...
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2014, 08:26:58 PM »
I don't buy that Brandt... I know way too many ppl in that business to think differently.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2014, 07:22:34 AM »
I don't buy that Brandt... I know way too many ppl in that business to think differently.

You could be right, but there are always exceptions to the norm in everything. So while id generally agree with you in relation to "reality tv" his response seems pretty genuine to me as far as his fee per episode and payment made to him. I believe it to be his own money as well. Do I believe he looks at the books for 5 minutes then buys, nah. I suspect its a good bit deeper than they portray it on the show at times, but it wouldn't be super exciting to watch a guy looking at papers for an hour would it, plus that won't sell commercials. 

Marketing wise and I see it as a great deal for him.  Obviously if he buys a company and fixes it he's got a 1hr commercial that will air over and over, this will help sales of that company I suspect. So it's fairly great idea on his part to no worry about what he's being paid to do the show.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2014, 10:05:46 AM »
The show is an amazingly cleaver way to bring in 40,000 request for him to come fix a business, that is 40,00 opportunities to invest in companies he would never even know about.  His specialty is consolidation wrapping up many small companies in like markets making one power house organization out of many insignificant businesses. He must have a opportunity to deep dive into the books of these companies before they even engage in creating a episode.

He is one smart guy for sure!
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Offline jvieira

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2016, 06:37:43 AM »
Just saw this yesterday (I know, I came in late to the party). Unfortunately they didn't show much of the screen printing business, that's the main reason I wanted to see it.

The boss was nuts, really don't understand half the stuff he did.
The other partner (the sales guy) was more likely driving sales away than making them happen. How can a 1.3 million business be led like that? Unless people were begging for them to do work, I don't see it.

I also caught an update on this.
The guy broke the deal and did not make the payments he should have
The guy sold the DTG printer (as posted here)

It'll probably end up in court

This is a cool show. I've been watching Shark Tank for a few years but this one just caught my attention on a flight a few months ago. Finally found it on Hulu (it's not broadcasted in my country) and have been watching a few episodes. It always follows the same recipe. On Artistic Stich, you could see it followed a different path and it didn't end on the usual "it's going to work" note.

It's a shame, really.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 03:20:37 PM by jvieira »

Offline jvieira

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2016, 06:41:10 AM »
By the way, who makes a 75% profit off this? That number sounds absurd to me!

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2016, 08:03:25 AM »
try to find "Beyond the Tank" on Hulu... I believe it's new this season.. they show what happens AFTER the businesses are 'on the tank'... (even some that didn't get a deal)  -- I actually find it more interesting than Shark Tank itself.

-J

Offline souviking

• !!!
  • Verified/Junior
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2016, 01:33:31 PM »
did you find this episode on Hulu?