Author Topic: Insane Apparel donation drive comments  (Read 3119 times)

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
Re: Insane Apparel donation drive comments
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2014, 07:23:13 PM »
OK, heard back from some ppl and our goal is $5K. If we can raise that, there should be at least another $10K from the industry!

let' s keep this rolling!

pierre

Why? They can't just donate like the rest of us? They need special goals to be met before their tight asses can help a guy out. F-them. Donate what you can and stop playing games when some one needs it.

Lets really help this guy out. Anyone have a contact for marketing at Gildan. Have them kick in some money and put this guy on a commercial. If this is not giving back to the community what is.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 07:28:20 PM by Jon »

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2014, 07:26:09 PM »
Wow, this is terrible.  Will be sending what we can to help out.
Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2014, 07:29:34 PM »
OK, heard back from some ppl and our goal is $5K. If we can raise that, there should be at least another $10K from the industry!

pierre

Why? They can't just donate like the rest of us? They need special goals to be met before their tight asses can help a guy out. F-them. Donate what you can and stop playing games when some one needs it.

Lets really help this guy out. Anyone have a contact for marketing at Gildan. Have them kick in some money and put this guy on a commercial. If this is not giving back to the community what is.
+10000000!!!!!!!

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2014, 07:53:43 PM »

pierre

+10000000!!!!!!!

Actually that was my idea. I thought it would give us an incentive to do better. They are matching what we raise up to certain amount.  This way they are not committing to thousands of dollars while we raise few hundred.

Please don't hold this against them as one of the companies is matching up to $5k. That is very, very generous and far from playing games.

Pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2014, 07:58:44 PM »
Money sent.  I hope he gets back up and running.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2014, 08:11:26 PM »

pierre

+10000000!!!!!!!

Actually that was my idea. I thought it would give us an incentive to do better. They are matching what we raise up to certain amount.  This way they are not committing to thousands of dollars while we raise few hundred.

Please don't hold this against them as one of the companies is matching up to $5k. That is very, very generous and far from playing games.

Pierre

This is different then how it was first said, or I misunderstood it. If they are matching up to $5000 then they are going to donate no mater what the total reaches (max $5000 each). What was said is they are not donating unless we reach $5000. That is very different and why I got a little pissed. I would like to go on the record that i am taking back my F-them and giving them all a personal thank-you.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2014, 08:30:09 PM »

pierre

+10000000!!!!!!!

Pierre

This is different then how it was first said, or I misunderstood it. If they are matching up to $5000 then they are going to donate no mater what the total reaches (max $5000 each). What was said is they are not donating unless we reach $5000. That is very different and why I got a little pissed. I would like to go on the record that i am taking back my F-them and giving them all a personal thank-you.

Sorry about that, companies that committed so far will donate no matter what, but more we raise, more they will kick in. 5 or so companies are in so far, I expect another 5-10 to join in. If we raise 5k the matching will probably bring in another $10K. That's what I was trying to say.

Pierre

Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2014, 08:37:08 PM »
Quick update

Keith's had no idea what was going on and he called me this afternoon to say thank you. He went out to the doctors and when he got back there were all these emails from paypal out of nowhere! He said he was getting depressed as no help was coming from his inner circle and just as he was getting down ppl he does not know have stepped up!

Thank you very much to everybody who helped out. Please send what you can, even $10 will help! Unless you post here no amounts will be disclosed as we all do according to what is available to us.

Pierre

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2014, 08:44:53 PM »
Yeah I read that the same way Jon did. I am sure this will help him out.

Offline tancehughes

• !!!
  • Always learning new things!
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2014, 08:51:04 PM »
Sent some money over, thanks for updating Pierre or I wouldn't have known. I truly hope this helps get the company back to where they need to be. Our prayers are with your company Keith

Offline Hey Monkey

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2014, 09:06:06 PM »
Don't have much but I sent $50. I will do more if I can later!

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2014, 09:55:27 PM »
Pierre, my hat is off to you for putting the effort in to help coordinate this, and getting companies involved.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2014, 09:58:19 PM »
I have an exposure unit I can donate if needed too...
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2014, 10:07:27 AM »
WOW, and I complained about a few inches of water in May. That looks terrible.

Will donate as much as I can. Good luck rebounding. See you in AC next year.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2014, 01:28:06 PM »
thank you to everybody who helped!

please keep it coming, no amount is too small. Let me know if you don't have a PP account but would still like to help.

pierre