Author Topic: Glue Issues on S-Mesh Statics  (Read 5682 times)

Offline ABuffington

Re: Glue Issues on S-Mesh Statics
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2014, 12:17:14 PM »
Thanks for the feedback everyone.  Look forward to seeing the results of the masking tape trick in production.  Masking tape just seems the easiest to fold over and under the interior channel edge using a credit card to press underneath.

Al
Alan Buffington
Murakami Screen USA  - Technical Support and Sales
www.murakamiscreen.com

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2014, 12:32:00 PM »
Since it is pinched between stretched mesh and the roller it is held in place pretty good by the tension of the screen.  I haven't had a chance to evaluate in long use, but as long as mesh is on it, I havent' seen it release.  Yes there are other tapes that would really hold better.  The masking tape folds nicely around the edge and has some softness that seems to help.  Take 3/4", put on roller first and press down on area it meets roller with about 1/3 of the tape hanging over the  channel.  Then with a credit card and left hand you can press the tape up and under the lip of the channel.  Avoid creases and keep smooth by helping guide the mesh with the free hand thumb while the other hand and credit card press it around and underneath the inside edge of the channel.  You can also fold the mesh under and put a layer underneath to have a double layer of mesh on under the locking strip for a similar effect, only for fine mesh counts!  Not advisable under 200 tpi.  Of the two the tape is easier IMO>

Al

Can we get a video of this?

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline ABuffington

« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2014, 02:35:43 PM »
I will get one going.  We are up against SGIA show deadlines, but I'll see what I can do.
Alan Buffington
www.murakamiscreen.com

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2014, 02:39:07 PM »
I will get one going.  We are up against SGIA show deadlines, but I'll see what I can do.

after the show would be fine! Are you going to be in the booth? I can stop by and say Hi!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline ABuffington

« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2014, 04:03:32 PM »
Yes I will be at the show, booth #3690.  Stop on by, we have some unique emulsions that are being released for those printing High Solids Acrylics, Water base and Discharge.
See you there. 

Al
Alan Buffington
www.murakamiscreen.com

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2014, 05:52:22 PM »
Yes I will be at the show, booth #3690.  Stop on by, we have some unique emulsions that are being released for those printing High Solids Acrylics, Water base and Discharge.
See you there. 

Al

would you be open to coming to the KPI20 meeting and giving as a quick overview of what's going on? We have our meeting on location the day before the show opens. I know you'll be busy setting up the booth, but something like 45 min to an hour just to let us know what you are working on and where do you see the industry going.

pierre

Offline ABuffington

« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2014, 11:34:54 AM »
Yes I think I am scheduled to attend, this is with SGIA educational committee?

Al

Alan Buffington
www.murakamiscreen.com