Author Topic: Flight booked  (Read 5929 times)

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Flight booked
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2014, 11:32:18 AM »
I was at Disneyland a few years ago.......Took a transit bus from Disneyland to Long Beach.........Went through some pretty scary geography.......Very nice once I got to LB....

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2014, 11:38:09 AM »
Keep early Friday evening open for our usual TSB dinner

usual kings fish house?
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2014, 11:53:05 AM »
That's the plan so far. They have always treated us well.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2014, 11:56:19 AM »
that and the food is awesome!
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2014, 02:30:02 PM »
So I missed Ft. Worth again this year, but my wife's sister and her husband live outside of LA, so I may try to make it to this...  Would love to meet up with everyone for dinner.  Spouse's and brats welcome?

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2014, 07:10:15 PM »
So I missed Ft. Worth again this year, but my wife's sister and her husband live outside of LA, so I may try to make it to this...  Would love to meet up with everyone for dinner.  Spouse's and brats welcome?
Pretty sure the show is pretty strict on no one under the age of 16. As for your spouse, they should come at their own risk! ;D
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2014, 07:17:44 PM »
And as for Brats, I didn't see them on the menu. Mostly seafood and maybe steak, LOL!

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2014, 07:31:46 PM »
That's why I wont go to a show for another 7 years until my youngest turns 16.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2014, 09:00:51 PM »
Ah, I didn't mean for the show itself, just for the TSB get together.  My wife would die of boredom at a show, and I definitely wouldn't bring my 10 month old son.  He still isn't allowed at my own shop :D

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2014, 10:00:52 PM »
Looks like dinner may be a little later this year, like 8:00. As we grow, it's a little trickier for them to give us a bunch of tables at 6:30 in the main room, and the private dining room, though available, comes with its own set of commitments, conditions and a limited menu.

Still checking our options.

And yes, spouses rarely get turned away. 8)
Kids, as long as they are at the other end or another table, LOL!

Offline trebor

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2014, 06:25:00 AM »
Um, ya, 10 miles away you can be in Compton. Found that out the hard way the first year:o

The Howard Johnson is also a popular place within walking distance. Forgot what the other two are. The Queen Mary is usually cheaper, but after the first 2 hrs. It looses its appeal and the paper thin walls are also a negative. Especially when you are watching Dirty Jobs and all of a sudden you have what seems like a front row seat of couple in the room next door getting to know each other in the biblical sense.... :-[

Splurge and stay at the Hyatt, great Sunday morning breakfast!

I'm bringing some of the crew this year so I need to find somewhere a little friendlier on the pocket book.

Also I'm pretty sure they run a free bus to all the hotels on a regular schedule.

I guess you have to have an understanding of how priceline works.
For example.... go to priceline, choose Seal Beach,CA. Bid for three star hotels. So you won't get Compton. BTW I don't believe there are any three star hotels in Compton. I have used this method for the last several years and have stayed at the Ayers Hotel (google it) and have been extremely happy with the "hood" and the accommodations. Three nights I average $92 a night.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2014, 09:45:32 AM »
Um, ya, 10 miles away you can be in Compton. Found that out the hard way the first year:o

The Howard Johnson is also a popular place within walking distance. Forgot what the other two are. The Queen Mary is usually cheaper, but after the first 2 hrs. It looses its appeal and the paper thin walls are also a negative. Especially when you are watching Dirty Jobs and all of a sudden you have what seems like a front row seat of couple in the room next door getting to know each other in the biblical sense.... :-[

Splurge and stay at the Hyatt, great Sunday morning breakfast!

I'm bringing some of the crew this year so I need to find somewhere a little friendlier on the pocket book.

Also I'm pretty sure they run a free bus to all the hotels on a regular schedule.

I guess you have to have an understanding of how priceline works.
For example.... go to priceline, choose Seal Beach,CA. Bid for three star hotels. So you won't get Compton. BTW I don't believe there are any three star hotels in Compton. I have used this method for the last several years and have stayed at the Ayers Hotel (google it) and have been extremely happy with the "hood" and the accommodations. Three nights I average $92 a night.

Do you drive to the show, or use public transportation?
My motels have always been a little downscale, but the walk is reasonable and pleasant, and I don't miss having to park near the convention center.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2014, 08:56:33 PM »
Frog brings up a good point I forgot about. First year I went and stayed at the Days Inn Long Beach, the damn taxi rides every day was like $50. Save that by staying closer. The neighborhood around the show isn't bad, I walked up probably a mile or better for some McDonalds breakfast one of the mornings. Pretty nice walk actually.
Alex

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2014, 09:12:48 PM »
To us it's well worth the extra money to stay across the street at the Westin. Don't have to worry about cabs, busses, car rental, everything is walking distance.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2014, 09:23:48 PM »
To us it's well worth the extra money to stay across the street at the Westin. Don't have to worry about cabs, busses, car rental, everything is walking distance.
Depending on who's buying, stumbling distance! ;D
Alex

www.twincitytees.com