Author Topic: Hurricane Irene  (Read 1391 times)

Offline cattees

• Verified/Junior
Hurricane Irene
« on: August 25, 2011, 05:11:51 PM »
For those of you in the Northeast, they say we're going to get it this weekend... Hurricane Irene is coming right up the coast - they have declared State of Emergency for New York and New Jersey - this hurricane is 600 miles wide (as big as the Gulf of Mexico) with up to 90 MPH winds...holy s*it!   My brother lives in Long Island and many of those beach communities down there are being evacuated.  NY is not suppose to get Hurricanes - 2012!!  Just wondering who else is in the  Northeast & effected?  Anyone in North carolina - Outer banks was evacuated today too.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Hurricane Irene
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 05:22:58 PM »
All of the track models are laying on top of each other. I live about 20 miles southwest of Boston, and we're supposed to be hit good, but it's supposed to be down to a cat 1 or cat 2 by then. Still, the wife and I are taking down the screens on the porch and putting the storms in tonight. Better safe than sorry...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 06:05:43 PM »
They have us as cat 2 when it gets here in CT. Unfortunately the most predicted track has most of CT on the east side of the storm and that is the worse side to be on. To compound that it will hit us supposedly right at high tide a new moon high tide, not good.
"No man is an island"

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 06:08:56 PM »
Not to be a jerk, but i really hope it hits mt. marcey here in the adirondacks...the water that comes into the upper hudson for rafting comes from there...

the last hurricanee that came through the river went up 5 ft....Keeping fingers crossed..

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 08:37:22 PM »
Not to be a jerk, but i really hope it hits mt. marcey here in the adirondacks...the water that comes into the upper hudson for rafting comes from there...

the last hurricanee that came through the river went up 5 ft....Keeping fingers crossed..

That would be a blast. You guys on the East Coast should get some good surf too.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 03:03:21 PM »
MOnday it is....

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 03:16:22 PM »
Cant but a flash light or candle any more in this state all gone, and even if you fif get the flash light you will not find the batteries. I welcome the thought of some peaceful no power days. Cook on the grill and cold showers!
"No man is an island"

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 03:21:35 PM »
Mike..head on up here if it gets too bad...I have a generator and plenty of gas for it...we will be rocking and rolling up here no matter what the weather...

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 04:21:25 PM »
And....if you want to rafting come over here!