Author Topic: Waterproof Film Source?  (Read 3135 times)

Offline Get Shirts

Waterproof Film Source?
« on: September 10, 2014, 10:44:55 AM »
InkJet is out for another 7 days and we need to order today.  Any suggestions?  17x100 Roll.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Waterproof Film Source?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 10:59:55 AM »
InkJet is out for another 7 days and we need to order today.  Any suggestions?  17x100 Roll.

My other choice
http://fixxons.com/1/online.html
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline head north

• !!!
  • Verified/Junior
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 11:01:23 AM »

My other choice
http://fixxons.com/1/online.html

Seconded.
Scott
Head North Printing
www.headnorthprinting.com

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 11:06:30 AM »
Spot color supply

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 01:44:56 PM »
We run a crap ton of fixxons of 14" and17" rolls.  Cheap, good quality film.  It let's us spend more on quality ink.  Not really suited for archiving films but it can be done with some art.  Our process work is far from award winning or perfect but all of it has been done on this film, some at 60lpi. 

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 01:51:32 PM »
I miss Brad (Mavgraphics)... we bought some from inkjetfilms.net and it's definitely milkier than what Brad was supplying us.

Online ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 01:58:49 PM »
apparently River City Supply found a new film that is cheaper than fixxons, and is supposed to be awesome. I'm Sure Kevin will post about it shortly,
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline islandtees

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2014, 02:19:22 PM »
Fixxons!

Offline Get Shirts

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2014, 02:34:35 PM »
Cool, I'll check out Fixxons.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2014, 04:04:04 PM »
tech support is an advertiser here and they carry the Acorn film which is very reasonably priced and is a great value. It is what we are using now.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2014, 07:48:03 PM »
tech support is an advertiser here and they carry the Acorn film which is very reasonably priced and is a great value. It is what we are using now.

pierre
Is there any noticeable difference between the Acorn films and let`s say the Chromaline products?

Offline gtmfg

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2014, 12:22:15 AM »
Do you guys use rolls or sheets. I don't see that acorn is listed in rolls.

Offline Get Shirts

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2014, 05:12:59 AM »
So I didn't realize Fixxons was in Cali.  Spot Color had everything in stock, pretty cheap, and shipped out the same day.. Or said they would.   Thanks for the help.

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2014, 06:36:24 AM »
If you need a roll faster like today I bought a 4 pack from inkjetfilm a few weeks ago.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2014, 10:11:40 AM »

pierre
Is there any noticeable difference between the Acorn films and let`s say the Chromaline products?

I've had problems with Chromaline films on another printer and I just never regained confidence in their film. It is overpriced and the few tests we ran, it preformed pretty close to but not quite as good as  Acorn or Nazdar film. The difference was slight, but it just did not make any sense to go with it as Acorn worked better and was half the price.

If you have a good source for Chromaline at a lower price than we were paying it might be worth it.

Their ink though (AccuInk) is by far the best product of the inks I've tested so far and is the only one we will use as long as we are printing films.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!