Author Topic: i-Image in the house!  (Read 39021 times)

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
Re: i-Image in the house!
« Reply #180 on: September 09, 2014, 02:28:19 PM »
What is the typical ink consumption on one of these guys?

Screens per liter?
usually around .03-.07 per screen. Typically 2,000 screens per liter.
Rich Hoffman

Offline ravenmark

• Verified/Junior
  • Derek
« Reply #181 on: September 09, 2014, 04:26:26 PM »
I must admit the I-Image is the best Art Clerk I have ever had working for me. It has totally sped up my art dept. as well as the whole SP process in general. There are a few things I miss about film but I am having a hard time remembering them right now.  ;)

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #182 on: September 10, 2014, 08:06:28 AM »
You touched on something I haven't much talked about in the CTS discussion. When we went CTS years ago, our artists were the biggest opponents. (too many reasons to discuss here) They turned into the biggest fans after some changes in procedures in the art department. This also led to fewer mistakes, less wasted time and materials, and an all around stronger department. But I know we can't measure intangibles. I could write a short novel on improvements in this area alone, but won't even try.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #183 on: September 10, 2014, 08:15:10 AM »
You touched on something I haven't much talked about in the CTS discussion. When we went CTS years ago, our artists were the biggest opponents. (too many reasons to discuss here) They turned into the biggest fans after some changes in procedures in the art department. This also led to fewer mistakes, less wasted time and materials, and an all around stronger department. But I know we can't measure intangibles. I could write a short novel on improvements in this area alone, but won't even try.

Sadly some would dismiss "intangibles". Id love to hear that novel. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #184 on: September 10, 2014, 08:44:39 AM »
It's kinda like a new tax or law.  You can say "if we increase this tax by 1% it will lead to an increase of $xxx" when in reality it changes behaviors as well and never has the same effect people think it will.

You can measure numbers all day long in a vacuum, but real world can be totally different.  As long as the human element is involved it's nearly impossible to calculate ROI with exact numbers.  Take for example Alan's pressure washer.  He was thinking that it would save him trips to Home Depot, instead they are getting through screens faster and they are cleaner than before, which is something he didn't anticipate.  Which helps further down the line with emulsion longevity, pinholes and overall screen processing speed.

I am sure there was a way to say this in less words...this is why I fail at twitter.

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #185 on: September 10, 2014, 09:17:43 AM »
Brandt, the novel has been sent PM
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #186 on: September 10, 2014, 09:26:37 AM »
Brandt, the novel has been sent PM

Thank you sir :D

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #187 on: September 10, 2014, 09:59:14 AM »
It's kinda like a new tax or law.  You can say "if we increase this tax by 1% it will lead to an increase of $xxx" when in reality it changes behaviors as well and never has the same effect people think it will.

You can measure numbers all day long in a vacuum, but real world can be totally different.  As long as the human element is involved it's nearly impossible to calculate ROI with exact numbers.  Take for example Alan's pressure washer.  He was thinking that it would save him trips to Home Depot, instead they are getting through screens faster and they are cleaner than before, which is something he didn't anticipate.  Which helps further down the line with emulsion longevity, pinholes and overall screen processing speed.

I am sure there was a way to say this in less words...this is why I fail at twitter.

But that's the thing... Alan can now see it and calculate it and demonstrate the numbers to others to show why paying $1100 vs $200 is better in the long run.  If you give him the details of your shop, screens per day, oem and other things going on in your process he will be able to calculate your ROI.  He never said that this pressure washer made him warm, fuzzy and tingly inside.  This ain't Chris Matthews and an Obama speech, it's screen printing equipment. ;)

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #188 on: September 10, 2014, 10:21:52 AM »
Nobody will be able to convince the other side of anything Gilligan so it's best to not even go there again.  I do things the way I do and it works and others that don't believe in that system do it differently and it works, and I do my very best to acknowledge and respect other people's systems and can only hope they do so in return.  There is plenty of evidence on both sides of the fence and nobody is wrong in this debate, but this is the internet and this is the last place anyone wants to be perceived as being wrong in any way so there will always be an argument.  I've got too much to do and know we're on a better path than the vast majority of shops out there and will continue to stay that course.  And when the time is right, when it makes financial sense to SRI, we'll go CTS and never look back.  But right now I have more than a decent grasp of the CTS technology to know we're not quite there yet, getting closer, but we need more bottlenecks and higher screen volume for it to be the right thing for SRI.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #189 on: September 10, 2014, 10:35:45 AM »
Even when no one is even suggesting anyone is wrong.

The Internet can be a very tricky thing.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #190 on: September 10, 2014, 10:46:10 AM »
Nobody is wrong except Gilligan, he's always wrong.  :D

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #191 on: September 10, 2014, 11:32:16 AM »
Alan, this is why I preface a lot of my comments with, "This is what works in MY shop".
Barth Gimble

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #192 on: September 12, 2014, 12:12:26 PM »
Well couple days with this thing so far and it's going to take a bit of getting used to the new way to do things to get the most ideal flow through here but so far we have not had to micro at all a few jobs and a few others just barely.  Just did a 6 color and only bumped 1 color.  I can see time savings there for our shop for sure. 

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #193 on: September 12, 2014, 12:58:38 PM »
Not to pee on anyone's parade, but I get the feeling that if M&R built a FPU/TriLoc combo (like Alan has been saying for years)
the time savings/convenience "wow" factor on these things wouldn't be so drastic. Just the idea of carrier sheets makes me shudder.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #194 on: September 12, 2014, 01:24:35 PM »
True Eb, buuuut, you still have to print film, you still have to take the time to line them up, even if it's quick, not as quick as printing the sep on the screen and boom you are done. You have to work with one for a couple days, and know what the hype is all about. Not that the FPU isn't a good idea, it's just another element of time and possible human error. We did it all three ways. I cut up a tri lock frame to do what Alan is doing, I don't think I had it quite dialed in as he does so I went back to carrier sheets again and now the CTS, there is no way I'd go backwards. NOOOOOOO WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!! ;D
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com