Author Topic: So what do you do for fun?  (Read 5865 times)

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: So what do you do for fun?
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2011, 04:49:00 PM »
next summer boys -party at my crib. I will have the new building up and running, we can do demo wrap for one of yous guys cars too.  . .open invite to everybody else too. . .
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2011, 04:58:06 PM »
So what I'm hearing Sam, is "Screw Dave. We can have fun without him!" In your own words.....WTF?!
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2011, 05:10:11 PM »
Well dave I guess we are making it to IOWA then...

Sam

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2011, 05:14:52 PM »
Well dave I guess we are making it to IOWA then...

Sam

I think he is just looking for some bragging rights, "I kicked that guy out at 10,000' feet, that was enough of his $##I&*!"

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2011, 05:56:19 PM »
Compared to you guys, I don't have any fun at all. There is nothing I'd rather do than play one of my guitars, nothing, not even sex. I can play for hours ;D

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2011, 07:55:57 PM »
I'm hoping to skydive again this Saturday. My oldest son may go for a ride along.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2011, 10:43:16 PM »
I love golf, I've been playing for a little over 5 years now.  I used to think the sport was for ussy's, but I played a few rounds and caught the bug like most people do.  I know lot's of people hate it and if you expect to just be good at it, it sure as hell won't be easy.  I got the bug because I struggled at it and I don't like to fail at anything, so it became a battle of wills between me and the game.  I am realistic with my goals and I can't expect to be a scratch golfer by playing 15-20 rounds a year, but I'm around a 7 handicap right now playing every other weekend at the most.  I played football, basketball and baseball in high school and I had several opportunities to play DII and JUCO baseball but I was so burned out by it by the time my senior year was over I wasn't all that ambitious about playing at some out of state DII school I'd never really heard of before.  Sports are my hobby, I love watching baseball and golf, college football and even the NFL to a certain degree, and my freaking Mavericks won a championship this year in basketball, what a good year I've had as a sports fan.  The Rangers were in the World Series but my 2 football teams fell flat on their faces.

Sorry no pics of cool stuff I'm doing, I guess nobody was around to take any pics.  I do have some video of me playing baseball somewhere, but that would take too much time to find and upload.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2011, 03:01:39 AM »
I rode motorcycles really really fast along twisty roads for the last 12 years, filmed it for 8 yrs and made a bunch of videos of the rides. Almost killed myself a few times and took it as far as i can w/out going full bore into racing. Bought a Supermoto about 4 yrs ago and discovered a new world of Hooliganism and dirt riding. Took it to Deals Gap 3 times and had a blast until it blew a bearing few months ago. 

Every time something breaks, be it me or the machine, it's a signal to move onto a new sport and make the old a hobby. It's time for a new adventure so I need a new sport.

Always wanted to jump out of a perfectly good plane  8)
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2011, 04:07:26 AM »
Love Hunting and Fishing (bass). My dream would be to start turkey hunting in south Florida and follow the season to the north as it come in. I also love to shoot bow tournaments and to bow hunt anything that moves...

Next time the guy that owns the house next door lets his delinquent kid use the garage to hang out, I'm calling you.
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2011, 07:18:53 AM »
Funny tpitman.... I guess I should have made that a little clearer but I do have some judo heads that would get someones attention without drawing blood just a good ole blood blister... I really like to see what some of ya'll do for hobbies and also wonder if your able to do them off a screenprinters budget or do you have a part-time job doing something else. A PLANE and those Hot Rods aint cheap either, What am I doing wrong?????

Offline whitewater

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2011, 08:53:27 AM »
So  I guess we need to stop in Albany, then pick Pierre up and then hit jays?  is that what I am hearing?

Yep

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2011, 09:24:53 AM »
Sporty..it is all how you run and organize your business...if it is not profitable we do not do it...I was just talking to my mentor yesterday about bringing in DTS and we were discussing film costs, ink costs ect to see if it makes sense...and where we are, I think we will be getting one in the spring...

You have to know where every penny is so you can ensure you are a viable business...and I think you need to change your thinking of "just a screenprinter"  think of it as a whole and how everyone can be profitable within the business...whether it is bonuses, higher pay, whatever....it will keep them moving...and making the company profitable...

Sam

Offline mjrprint

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2011, 10:10:07 AM »
I'm into fishing(more like an addiction) photography, music production, hiking, kayaking.

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2011, 10:18:31 AM »
yeah I love Fishing as well!!!

sam

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2011, 10:39:32 AM »
Damn, I miss fishing.  That is all I used to do, that and my MG.

Instead right now I have been playing a good amount of tennis.