Author Topic: KPI 20 .........priceless!  (Read 1775 times)

Offline middletownink

• Verified/Junior
  • Future so bright, got to wear shades!
KPI 20 .........priceless!
« on: August 02, 2014, 01:48:54 AM »
Well we just wrapped up another KPI 20 meeting.  This one was held at the M&R factory in Niles Illinois. First, let me thank  Mr. Hoffman for the hospitality and all of the M& R staff for putting up with us for two days. During our meeting we were able to tour both facilities and it was truly awesome to see how proud each and every employee is of the work that they do.  Thank you also to Dave Z., Alex M.  and Mr. Hoffman for taking the time to sit in on our classroom sessions. Your input and perspective on the objectives and direction of KPI 20 was invaluable and fascinating.  I can't wait after a couple of hours of shut-eye to give Brian his surprise. (Brian will read this before I wake up, and will be rummaging through my luggage looking for a receipt of purchase! Hey Brian, here's a hint - it fit in my carry-on and I promise you won't be disappointed!)

This was the second official KPI 20 meeting. And again it blew away my expectations. The the lessons learned and the tools that were provided will prove undoubtedly help invaluable in the growth of my business.  As an owner of any size business small medium or large we are all navigating the murky waters of entrepreneurship. And one of the biggest dangers is a sense of complacency.   With the rapid changes and growth and new technology coming to our industry, remaining in your comfort zone will certainly lead to a high closure rate for screen printers. KPI 20 provide a close knit group of accountability partners. We push each other to step outside of our comfort zones.  Every member brings to the table a different area of expertise and a different level of knowledge and experience within our industry which makes the group a valuable resource when you are confronted with a new scenario. Brian and I recently ran into a situation where a long time customer hired a consultant who in turn asked for a performance rebate. We'd never even heard of anything like this.  Well after turning to KPI 20 we learn that it can be quite common place once you reach a certain level of business.  The information we were given aloud us to approach the situation with knowledge that resulted in the best outcome.

We walked away from this particular meeting with HR strategies regarding new hires and the best way to handle the documentation that is required. Learn different payroll options for different employees. There were side bar conversations that taught me to stay away from certain e books and that a trip to the chiropractor might be just what I need!!  It was an amazing event that once again and energized me to make the changes that I need to and strive for the growth rate that I need to continue doing what I love and providing for my family!! 

We are always looking for new members.  We promise no hazing!!  Do me a favor and take a look at your business.  If your happy where you are.... You need to join. If you want to grow.... You need to join. If you have no idea what your cash flow is.....you need to join. If you think you want to hire people but don't know who or where you should place them...... You need to join.   Bottom line is you need to join!!

PM me if you would like more information and I'll point you in the right direction!!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 01:52:42 AM by middletownink »
-You Think It! - We Print It!-

Offline GKitson

• Just another t-shirt guy
Re: KPI 20 .........priceless!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 09:10:10 AM »
I wanna see pictures when you give it to Brian.

Kitson
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 09:12:39 AM »
Sorry I missed it, hope you guys had a great time. M&R is super impressive.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 09:22:35 AM »
I didn't rummage but going to assume its the receipt for a CHIII D 70 16/14 and a 3 head CTS to be delivered next week. So I'm going into the shop right now to start pulling the electric and air.  ;)

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 11:21:03 PM »
The added benefit is you get to experience Megan(Middletownink) and all her excitement! :P
Really a good bunch of people. I think I may have learned as much at dinner as I did at class :D
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 12:01:02 PM »
Awesome experience!  Learned a lot, met a bunch of great people, and M&R's hospitality was second to none. 

And I got to drive Pierre's car.  8)

Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Offline GKitson

• Just another t-shirt guy
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 12:32:17 PM »
I'm currently at the ISS Las Vegas show and walked down to check out the meeting room KPI-20 is using on the day before Tuesday October 21 before the SGIA show October 22-14, 2014.

If you are interested in participating send me your contact info at greg@mindseyeg.com.

We are finalizing the agenda and we will be talking about employee attendance policies, OSHA compliance requirements and a few other things.

AND as Alex said we will be doing dinner together on both Monday and Tuesday night.

Best,

Greg Kitson
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050