Author Topic: Nigerian Scammer...in the flesh?  (Read 1384 times)

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Nigerian Scammer...in the flesh?
« on: August 08, 2014, 02:49:56 PM »
So I have this guy that's been in a few times before and he's getting shirts for some mission group in Africa.  He had a sample of a shirt that was done previously and needed an exact repeat.  The shirts will be going overseas and the group leaves in a week or so.

I kinda got a funky vibe from the guy so I made sure not to budge on the 50% deposit and 50% on receipt.  I also am making sure he's signing the approval and a pre-production sample to cover my butt in a chargeback.  He speaks in pretty good english and he is actually Nigerian(i had to ask him).

When he was putting the 50% down he wanted to call a card in later because his wife has the card.  I told him we don't take them over the phone and he can bring it by later.  He coughed up a card that has his name and it matches his billing address on his license.

I will make him sign off on the order when he picks them up and pays the balance.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Nigerian Scammer...in the flesh?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 03:04:32 PM »
One Nigerian prince has totally ruined it for the regular Nigerian princes to conduct normal business.  What a shame.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 03:15:20 PM »
yeah, if it was a local business I would feel a ton better about it.  Or if it was even a local church that had the mission thingy

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 03:22:40 PM »
just remember that they can reverse/dispute the credit card charges...

might want to get cold green cash.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2014, 03:29:06 PM »
Ditto on the cash...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2014, 03:29:59 PM »
you can fight a chargeback if you have the documentation.  I've already talked to the merchant.  I believe it was Sam that has never lost one.

My only chargeback came from Terrance Mathis' wife...he gave me her number without her knowing.