Author Topic: Automatic screen reclaimer  (Read 6423 times)

Offline ScreenPrinter123

Automatic screen reclaimer
« on: August 05, 2014, 08:45:59 PM »
Recommendations?  Not for a huge shop, not a ton of screens. Just a shop with little time to reclaim (using all s mesh, so is this a factor? Are these machines going to annihilate delicate s mesh in a way the manual way with a 1500-2000 psi pressure washer is not?) Would want the different manufacturer's smaller versions, but want an all in one automatic ink and emulsion remover. Which ones do you recommend and why?  I see m&r has one, Lawson and rhino tech. Anyone else?  Do any of these REALLY work?  If so I'm wondering why I don't hear more about them.

Thanks in advance.

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
Re: Automatic screen reclaimer
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 08:50:37 PM »
Recommendations?  Not for a huge shop, not a ton of screens. Just a shop with little time to reclaim (using all s mesh, so is this a factor? Are these machines going to annihilate delicate s mesh in a way the manual way with a 1500-2000 psi pressure washer is not?) Would want the different manufacturer's smaller versions, but want an all in one automatic ink and emulsion remover. Which ones do you recommend and why?  I see m&r has one, Lawson and rhino tech. Anyone else?  Do any of these REALLY work?  If so I'm wondering why I don't hear more about them.

Thanks in advance.
we have plenty of them out. There is one local to us that has been running daily for two years. You are welcome to visit. There are three alone within one hour of M&R
Rich Hoffman

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 09:07:52 PM »
Any in the New Orleans area?  How many models do you all have?  Only need for 23x31's and probably your baby model as far as output capacity if there are differing models in that regard.

Thanks.

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 09:08:45 PM »
P.S. - does it do "80 screens in 80 minutes"?  ;D

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 09:19:25 PM »
I had a chance to see one of the M&R reclaiming machines last week and it was definitely impressive.  Reminded me of the industrial dishwashers found in restaurants.  Screen goes in one side with emulsion on it, comes out the other clean as a whistle. 

The screens do still need to be rinsed and degreased following the machine, so its not a complete cure-all, but I still wouldn't mind having one in my shop.
Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 09:20:54 PM »
Size of machine?

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 09:25:21 PM »
There is a Screen Systems one for sale on Digitsmith right now. Most auto cleaners(someone correct me if I'm wrong here) have the issue that you can not remove emulsion and clean ink in the same tank. The chemicals don't work well with each other, so they typically need to be in separate "stations" or "tanks".

The M&R one that Brett was talking about was pretty killer though!
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2014, 09:42:25 PM »
You know you guys are eventually going to have to hire someone right?

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2014, 09:45:17 PM »
Size of machine?
Rich will have to chime in with exact measurements, but I would guess maybe 30' long and 3' wide or so.

Also a GREAT question if the auto cleaners are "S-Mesh safe"?
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2014, 09:52:52 PM »

We've been hiring a lot.  Next listing in our local classifieds is "automatic screen reclaimer" :-). Then Michael wants to hire some silly direct to screen guy ????.

Offline sqslabs

• Work hardened.
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2014, 10:03:28 PM »
Rich will have to chime in with exact measurements, but I would guess maybe 30' long and 3' wide or so.

Also a GREAT question if the auto cleaners are "S-Mesh safe"?

That was a two machine setup though, one for cleaning ink and one for reclaiming.  A single machine dedicated to reclaiming would be less than half that long including the load/unload track. 

Interested to hear the answer on the S-Mesh screens as well. 
Brett
Squeegee Science
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2014, 10:21:06 PM »
I almost spit up my salsa because you could easily argue that we are clinically insane to not have hired help yet!!!  Brian got the order wrong...it's direct to screen guy and then automatic reclaim guy.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2014, 10:28:32 PM »
I almost spit up my salsa because you could easily argue that we are clinically insane to not have hired help yet!!!  Brian got the order wrong...it's direct to screen guy and then automatic reclaim guy.

Just sayin... My buddy (another business owner) came by to pick up a DVD we produced for him and we got to talking about sailing and fishing and he said can you get away when you want? And I responded OF COURSE!  He said that was his problem, no one can go with him because he takes off at a moments notice depending on weather/conditions.

If you have ppl you can trust, then you too can do more fishing. ;)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2014, 06:41:43 AM »
I'm sure M&Rs is impressive but can't help but mention Zentner. Price tag out of reach but the make some pretty well engineered machines (no not 80 in 80 ;))

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2014, 07:12:46 AM »
Any in the New Orleans area?  How many models do you all have?  Only need for 23x31's and probably your baby model as far as output capacity if there are differing models in that regard.

Thanks.
our unit is modular and as such you can add as necessary. A single unit will do a little more than 120 per day of wash and reclaim. None in the New Orleans area.
Rich Hoffman