Author Topic: If you were given that chance to start a different business what would it be ?  (Read 10229 times)

Offline earthdome

• Verified/Junior
Just curious the thought of screen printers in the industry.... If you could start over would you chose screen printing again and , if so or not Why ?   

And if you were given the chance to run another kind of business what would it be and WHY ?

Thanks for any replies.....

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
Pirate. Or pimp.
Design, Illustration and Color Separation for the Imprinted Apparel Industry for over 20 years. SeibelStudio.com
 Custom art not in the budget? Check out Bad Bonz Designs

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Earth worm farmer. It would ve a slow process rounding them up on horseback, but probably very fun.

People joke about this (like me) but you have to look at it from the outside looking in. First thing that comes to mind, is "that could be anything".

I will say though, I think Scott would make a fine Pimp.

I think you can start all over again in a new business and would find many of the same issues. I think the real thing to confided is, " are you really putting in enough into this business that you are in now.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 10:22:32 AM by Dottonedan »
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
Whore house quality control inspector....hahaha..sorry that wasnt very christain like of me but i couldnt resist.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Earth worm farmer. It would be a slow process rounding them up on horseback, but probably very fun.

Very cosmically strange that this would pop up just one day later, but yesterday I added a little actual factual personal connection to the long running (if not accurate) "inventor of the internet" joke, and the man I  referenced, Jon Postel's brother Russ, last I heard was raising and selling earthworms.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Northland

Papa Murphy's Pizza franchise...... I believe in the product, low overhead & wages, good franchise support.

But, Pirate would be cool too.

Offline Fresh Baked Printing

• "Tattoo Free Since 1965"
Hi-tech manufacturer.
50% of the time I'm 100% right.
http://www.spiffylab.com

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
test pilot for Trojan :o
seriously though this tee shirt thing is pretty nice overall especially if I can learn more than spot printing. The $ are pretty good the work is pretty easy and the turn is pretty quick. maybe I would feel differently about if I were printing 1000 pieces a week but for this dropout wanna-be this is a pretty good gig most days.
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline Chadwick

Brothel.
 ;D

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Brothel.
 ;D

merchandise sampling NOT allowed!!!
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
pot farmer. . .playboy photographer. .. stand in for Ron Jeremy. . .

...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
That's easy... Medical Marijuana dispensary!

Thank you Cali! and prop 215

Why I didn't take my start-up $$ and do that.. I don't know.
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline earthdome

• Verified/Junior
Lol, nice one Homer .... Honestly you seriously had me thinking last night when you said pizza shop. Found a Pizza business in a high traffic area (supposedly 9,000 cars go  by a day) It was a very successful pizza place for the last 12 years... and all they want is $595 a month !! it's in a rich neighborhood around a lot of businesses... but again it's unfortunately about an hour from my house....

Just trying to see what opinions were of people in the business.... thanks for the "non joking" responses people ... my plans for the print shop are still a Go, but I can't help wondering what might be more "turn key" that I could start making money with (perhaps quicker than this industry) however I do feel it has a higher potential for making more money in the long run and room for expansion and growth.

Hope everyone's having a great weekend ! 

Offline earthdome

• Verified/Junior
That's easy... Medical Marijuana dispensary!

Wouldn't that be the dream ... 2 bad it would likely never happen where I live..

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Lol, nice one Homer .... Honestly you seriously had me thinking last night when you said pizza shop. Found a Pizza business in a high traffic area (supposedly 9,000 cars go  by a day) It was a very successful pizza place for the last 12 years... and all they want is $595 a month !! it's in a rich neighborhood around a lot of businesses... but again it's unfortunately about an hour from my house....

My brothers wife's parents run a pizza/Italian place.. it's an hour from their "estate" in the hills.. they work 12 hrs a day 6 days a week and BANK!!

595 a month is a bargain!!
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services