Author Topic: So what do you do for fun?  (Read 5864 times)

Offline Clark

Re: So what do you do for fun?
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2011, 11:00:28 AM »
Funny tpitman.... I guess I should have made that a little clearer but I do have some judo heads that would get someones attention without drawing blood just a good ole blood blister... I really like to see what some of ya'll do for hobbies and also wonder if your able to do them off a screenprinters budget or do you have a part-time job doing something else. A PLANE and those Hot Rods aint cheap either, What am I doing wrong?????

I do everything on a screenprinters budget.  I don't count pennies, I just know alot more money comes in than goes out.  I've got almost $30K wrapped up in my dog, and spend $5K a year in leasing ground, but hunting is my only hobby, so almost all of my spending money goes to that hobby. I guess I give up on other things to do so, for instance, I don't eat out, not because I can't afford to but because I enjoy cooking, so that equals out the $700/month training bill for the dog.  I don't pay rent for a shop, so I am saving 20K a year by working out of a building I own.  That pretty much pays for all of my traveling.

Offline nobrainsd

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2011, 11:34:52 AM »
If you aren't hurting yourself you aren't having fun?  I've dislocated my shoulder, suffered a concussion and separated a rib hydrofoiling. Either I'm having a really good time or I'm just a spaz...

It is so much fun just cruising along without even feeling the chop or other wakes and watching the world rotate around when you do inverted tricks is awesome.

I used to fish a lot, now we just catch what we slice in half.

Always looking for new victims, err, riders.

a small air roll

my new homemade carbon fiber hydrofoil board (anyone need vacuum bagged composite laminates?)

my friend John goes big on a front flip!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 11:39:55 AM by nobrainsd »

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2011, 03:17:40 PM »
Fun......... What is that? And who has time for it :( ?

I used to love playing pool, and some say I'm pretty good when in the mood. I could spend hours playing and not get bored.
When we decide to get TSB pool tournament going, let me know :)
I cant wait to have some extra money to finish other half of my basement so I could have my office down there and "waiting room" with pool table in it (I can write it off on taxes).
Also, I have been on few dart tournaments and I was decent with those. But I would choose pool any time of the day before I would choose darts as my choice.

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2011, 03:28:16 PM »
If you aren't hurting yourself you aren't having fun?  I've dislocated my shoulder, suffered a concussion and separated a rib hydrofoiling. Either I'm having a really good time or I'm just a spaz...

It is so much fun just cruising along without even feeling the chop or other wakes and watching the world rotate around when you do inverted tricks is awesome.

I used to fish a lot, now we just catch what we slice in half.

Always looking for new victims, err, riders.

a small air roll

my new homemade carbon fiber hydrofoil board (anyone need vacuum bagged composite laminates?)

my friend John goes big on a front flip!

I want one of those. I have water skied all my life. Never got into wake boarding. Not fast enough for me but that looks fun.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2011, 10:58:09 AM »
Some good hobbies in here.  Active bunch of people.  Good stuff.

Thanks for sharing.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube