Author Topic: Like to say thank you to Dave from Bimm Ridder  (Read 1917 times)

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
Re: Like to say thank you to Dave from Bimm Ridder
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2014, 01:39:00 PM »
Good man Dave! It's sad that we can't have open relationships with folks near us. It's insane the underhanded stuff people in our area do. We keep to ourselves. I really don't care what customers joe blow has as long as he does the best job he can for them and takes good care of them. But for some reason, everyone wants to know everyone's business and actively poaches. If a shop got in trouble, the rest would sit around and let him fall so that they could come in and eat the scraps, pretty sad. So it's AWESOME that Dave and his team did this for you!!!!
Same here in our town. Cant stand it. We go in to pick up shirts at Bodek and nobody wants to conversate but will look over your shoulder or at your boxes to see if they can catch a job name or something. Its really sad.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2014, 01:46:44 PM »
There is a shop a stones throw away from us and have asked them for supplies if we are in a bind and they do help but you can tell its not what they want to do. We would help anyone happily if it came down to it just wish everyone was like that.

Offline cleveprint

• !!!
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2014, 01:50:28 PM »
we have a great relationship with a contract shop across the street from us. we've printed jobs for them when they are in a pinch and i send anything i have with more colors than i can handle over to them. we share tips, check out each others shops, etc. there are some things that we compete on, but would never go after each other. at least it seems that way for now, haha.

on the other hand, there is another shop down the street from us... i cant tell you how many times ive had a customer come in looking for a quote telling me that the guy from "the other shop" was bad mouthing us, telling them we are too expensive, yada yada. ive never even met the guy either!! i dont see how that is a good business practice at all. i look at it as a karma thing. sooner or later it will catch up, for the better or worse.

Offline printguy

• !!!
  • Verified/Junior
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2014, 02:11:23 PM »
Talk about sad, there's one shop in our area that posts negative google reviews about other shops...