Author Topic: Need some direction  (Read 1652 times)

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Need some direction
« on: June 09, 2014, 11:44:14 AM »
Attached below is a 7 color print job we had sepped by myseps (wanted to give him a shot, always heard good things about his work)

Anyways dusty just decided since it is their 20th anniversary they want that included some how, maybe the years as well? Well I could take the easy route and simply add "20th Anniversary" arched around the circle and the years below in a straight line. But thats boring and done it a zillion times, this job is huge and I want it to be cool. Any ideas of what to do that would be eye pleasing? This is the back BTW
"No man is an island"

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Need some direction
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 11:47:34 AM »
How about a "tat" on the "roo"?

If his fat head wasn't in the way, a plane towing a banner could be cool as well.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 11:59:20 AM »
Add a unique location for the 20th like a sleeve, locker patch, high shoulder, barrel, etc. It would be more eye catching and stand out instead of getting lost in the art plus you don't have to mess with the art and up charge. Dare I say specialty ink like metallic, shimmer, reflective, glow, etc.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 12:01:30 PM by Binkspot »

Offline Boldline

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 02:04:58 PM »
I was thinking you could incorporate the circle around the character as the "0" in "20". Where you would add the word "years" is a little harder to determine... may not even be necessary to add "years"
Mat Woodworth
Bold Line Design
www.boldlinedesign.com
twitter: @boldlinedesign
facebook: www.facebook.com/boldlinedesignllc

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 02:42:26 PM »
I was thinking you could incorporate the circle around the character as the "0" in "20". Where you would add the word "years" is a little harder to determine... may not even be necessary to add "years"

now, that's what I call creative thinking!!!!

very nice Mat!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Boldline

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 02:47:33 PM »
Thanks Pierre! :)
Mat Woodworth
Bold Line Design
www.boldlinedesign.com
twitter: @boldlinedesign
facebook: www.facebook.com/boldlinedesignllc